·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much do people charge to polish stock rims??​

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I paid a little over $300 to have mine done but I bet that dude wouldn't do another set for that.:dontknow:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I paid a little over $300 to have mine done but I bet that dude wouldn't do another set for that.:dontknow:
I did mine, and yes they are a pain in the ass, but you can send them to me and I will polish them for 1 trillion dollars, plus shipping :edit:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Polished mine as well...took 3 weeks. Not easy, but looks great if done right, and if they get scratched/dinged up...just sand and polish...I would have paid 300 dollars easily. Sanding all the way to 2000 grit is a long procedure...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Polished mine as well...took 3 weeks. Not easy, but looks great if done right, and if they get scratched/dinged up...just sand and polish...I would have paid 300 dollars easily. Sanding all the way to 2000 grit is a long procedure...
yeah I did the same started with 220 dry, then wet with 320, 400, 600, 1000, 1500, and 2000. The polishing only took about 30 minutes per rim.......the sanding 40 plus hours and several cases of beer and A LOT of 4 letter words.....:edit:

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I was following the posts about the swingarm....that looked like a major pain in the ass! The end results were nice, just too much work for me.
Hell it was too much work for me, but Kenny wanted it, so I did it. Now I know that I really don't want to do mine!!

-Josh

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
dropped my rims and hub off to be polished and the guy insisted that he is doing it for free!!!! ( he made himself pretty clear) but... since i can be a jackhole, i will slip a couple singles (100's) under his door, that will teach him!

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I did Mark's wheels for free (20Smoke) so I could make my polishing video for everyone, but he wouldn't let me walk away without a little spending money either.

Post pics when you get your wheels back!

-Josh

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
no pics...they are mine and for me only to look at, keep your eyes on your own bike, DAMN:eek: i will post when i have them back but it will be a while before they get on the bike!! quoted 2-3 weeks cold spell coming thru but i can wait cuz the snow still wont be gone till june lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts