M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hope I didn't sound like a smartass, not my intention. Anyway, I've had great luck with this stuff and the bonus is when you throw it in a new tire, no need to balance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ride On, unlike other products is a preventative type product. You put it in your tire and should you get a nail or screw in the tire, it seals the hole. It is claimed not to corrode aluminum rims. You remove the valve stem and de-flate the tire, fill the appropriate amount of Fluid in the tire and then fill with air. Ride the bike a certain amout of mileage and then you are done. Motorcycle Consumer News rated it the best of the products that they had tested two years ago and Wing World (Gold wingers magazine) had great things to say about it as well). It is supposed to also help keep the seal on the tire so that your tire pressure remains constant.

I bought three units of it two years ago after reading all about it and just remembered after reading this thread that I had it. After all the reports of guys getting nails in their rear tires, i think I am going to give it a whirl.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi bruno, just got done putting on my ISO wings (the stock spring doesn't do the job of returning the wing to position like the stocker peg...I gotta fix that) and just put in the ride-on. Almost three 8oz bottles for the big baby in the back but I really like this stuff ...good insurance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dynammos,
I just put the ISO Wings on today myself and the springs worked ok. The wings are pretty heavy compared to the stock pegs, but they seemed to work ok. I just went out and checked and they bend up and back ok, maybe it is just an adjustment???

I will most likely do the Ride on this weekend.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I was always told not to put anything like that in my tires/wheels. I dont remember why though but it sounded like good advice at the time. It was most likely on an auto tire as well????? :dontknow: :tools: :doorag:

·
Registered
241 Posts
My mechanic won't work on a tire with additives or Fix-a-Flat since it's really messy.

Carl

1 - 11 of 11 Posts