M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
L-Train said:
I got a good deal, but isn't this topic just going to make 95% of us feel bad?
no not at all this is great info for us newbs trying to work a deal for one :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I paid list $12,300 but convinced them (Yamaha/Suzuki North Texas, Hurst) that since I only got $4,500 for my 03' Honda Sabre that was lightly blinged out that that would be OTD price and I wanted a service manual. Money talks because I told the salesman if he got that deal ok'd I would be back in 45 minutes with a cashiers check for the difference off my trade less $100 cas deposit. Now I just have to bitch about my toolkit not having the shock spanner in it even though the owners manual says it is in there. There is a fairly high freight/setup charge on these things that I flatout refuse to pay, like $700 freight! get tough with em'. they are being bought but there were two on the floor there a silver and my black one and I milled around long enough to do the undercover thing and found out they had been on the floor since late march early april so this shop was not moving them. Also may not let these jokers service my stuff, guys are young and that would not be a problem but no one knows what type valve actuation this beast has. You would think the service guys would know but they swore it was hydraulic lifters but I said I thought it would be shim under bucket due to the fairly high redline and performance potential of the bike. they just looked confused. another member on site said it was shim under bucket and I gotta thing it does have some adjusting because the owners manual stated in the section on servicing that the valve clearances needed inspection at 14,500 miles and a hydraulic lifter requires no inspection.

·
Registered
205 Posts
$12,700 OTD at Tejas Yamaha/Suzuki in Highlands, Texas (just outside of Houston)

·
Registered
446 Posts
11,716.12 OTD with the 48mo. additional warr. oh and the free jacket. Funny part was my daughter trying to get the salesman to throw in a $650.00 Shoei and an $1800.00 Honda scooter into the deal.

·
Registered
450 Posts
12,470 out the door. Free Jacket, Free 1st Service, 20% off anything in stock, order whatever.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
This topic again ??? a few responses are going to be questionable figures...like 10,300 otd ....10,700 w warranty ,taxes bla ,bla ,bla....
2-3 thousand off.. when dealers don't even have that much mark up in them....just buy it and enjoy..... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
961 Posts
11,500.00 OTD, but I paid $400.00 to ship to my door in Virginia. The bike came fom Ga.

Horace

·
Registered
814 Posts
Paid sticker, $12,399 plus TT&L. Paid extra for the warranty. Got no freebies. Had to bring it back a day later for the overfill problem....

But you know what?

I don't care. This bike was well worth the sticker, no freebies and the overfill problem. If I had to go through the process once again, I'd pick this bike over and over. It's CLOSEST competitor is $3000 more (VTX1800F).

I had a cop stop in the middle of the street last night as I was going to bike night. I was in the turning lane, he was coming from the opposite direction. He stopped next to me, put his lights on so no one would rear end him and sat there and asked me all about the bike for 10 minutes. You can't buy the kind of attention you get on this bike. Stop to fill up for gas and lil old ladies are saying "nice bike". I love it.

This bike is WELL WORTH the sticker price.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got 500 off sticker because I played softball with the general manager. Still payed TTL& 5 year extended warranty. ::) :eek: I don not see how these guys got such a great deal on such a high demand bike. And if they did yes I am a little jealous :redfaced: :evil: :verymad:

·
Registered
956 Posts
$11500 + tax and tag. Classic Cycle Sarasota Florida. It was a fair price seeing the dealer in Ft Myers Sunsports won't come off sticker. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I got $500 off the sticker price.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts