M109 Rider Forums banner

What is your situation??

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went from an r6 to an m109r instead of a busa or r1. Before I saw this bike I wasn't really in to cruisers. I was always planning on getting a bigger sportsbike but then I seen the m109r, and it just seemed to have the complete package. Now that I have it, its like christmas in July. Couldn't be happier. I still have my r6 but now I let my wife ride that. I am just wondering how many out there are in my same position.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Re: How many are went from sportsbike to m109r??

I won't go but the last few years ::)

98 kawa concours
99 kawa klr 650
99 kawa zrx 1100
00 ktm lc4 650
02 kawa zzr 1200
04 yam roadstar silverado midnight
04 kawa zrx 1200r
my first zook m109r

khrome

·
Registered
60 Posts

currently have 2 sport bikes, an '04 Gix 1k, and an '04 Gix 750. Trying to sell the 1k so i can get a m109 but i plan on keeping the 750. so i guess ill have both but the 109 will be my first cruiser

·
Registered
9 Posts

I've had many bikes in the past and just bought the M109 to replace a CBR1100XX that I recently sold. :D Let's just say I don't miss the CBR.

·
Registered
49 Posts

M109R is my first cruiser ever, I still have my Hayabusa for those special times :D :hot: :D Sometimes its a difficult decision on which bike to ride and which one stays home.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

Went from a pre-blackbird CBR1000 to the 109 ,one reason was my knees can't take the rearsets anymore. I rode a couple of air-cooled HDs and found they were pigs. My bosses Sportster Sport wasn't bad , but at my size (6'1" 295lbs) I look like a monkey screwing a football on a Sportster.
So the hunt was on to find a bike that was comfortable and would handle, stop and run good enough to keep me happy................didn't take long to settle on the 109 :D

·
Registered
484 Posts

Bonehead said:
Went from a pre-blackbird CBR1000 to the 109 ,one reason was my knees can't take the rearsets anymore. I rode a couple of air-cooled HDs and found they were pigs. My bosses Sportster Sport wasn't bad , but at my size (6'1" 295lbs) I look like a monkey screwing a football on a Sportster.
So the hunt was on to find a bike that was comfortable and would handle, stop and run good enough to keep me happy................didn't take long to settle on the 109 :D
I sold my Sporty to get this bike. Nobody ever stood around my Sportster and gawked...

·
Registered
411 Posts
had 2 up untill lately, VS800 and a Busa. Both were fun and both were great bikes (2 different worlds of course ;) ) now I have the best of both worlds in one bike :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

jwebb said:
 Nobody ever stood around my Sportster and gawked...
Yep first day I had my bike I went to the bank to make a deposit, when I came out the mowing crew was off their mowers and were walking circles around my bike :D :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
started out on a couple of enduro bikes (dual purpose). a 72' Kaw G5 100 when I was 14 I bought with my first jobs money. licensed at 15 on the 100. then I cheated and got a 74' F7 175 while I was still 15. as soon as I turned 16 I had saved my money and went and bought a 75' H2 750 three cylinder hooligan bike. I kept that one until 78' when I sold it to a friend. went bikeless for about 2 weeks then bought a different friends 78' SR 500 Yam. sold it back to him 3 months later for even money. I then bought a 73' Z1 900 Kaw in 79' which I still have today. Then in 87' I saw the coolest bike back then, an 87' ZL 1000 Eliminator Kaw. bought it new. got a 72' TS 250 Suz just to ride trails on. sold the TS 250 around 94' and bought a 93' KLR 650. in 98' an old man in a 1 ton pickup ran a stop sign and totaled my 87' ZL 1000. It still looked new but was heavily modded by then. I came out ok with minor contusions. Took my insurance money and put down on the 99' ZRX 1100 Kaw that was coming stateside and picked it up in Nov of 98'. in 2001 I put all my bikes up for sell and was going to buy one big cruiser. the only one that sold rather quickly was the KLR 650 (whoda thought!) still have the 99' ZRX and the 73' Z1 but in 04' I bought my first Honda a 03' VT 1100 Sabre in orange with ghost flames. I traded the Sabre in a month ago on the M109R. :doorag:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sport bike guy all the way till I saw this BEAST! Sold my 94 CBR1000F, still have a 01 929 and it is feeling pretty neglected these days. Raining today so I might just to have to ride her today (929). Almost bought a VTX 1800 but couldn't make it for me this one HIT ME at FIRST SIGHT! 1st Suzuki ever!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Besides the 109, I currently own an 06 CBR 1000RR

·
Registered
44 Posts
Numerous Dirt bikes
Honda V30 Magna (gutless cruiser)
Suzuki VX800 (standard I guess)
1996 Kawasaki GPZ1100 (sport tourer)
2002 Honda CBR954
2004 Kawasaki ZX10r

Never thought I'd be on a cruiser again this soon, but after seeing this bike, and needing a bit of comfort and break from looking in the mirrors for the Po-Po, this was the best move I've made so far.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I bought my first bike in Nov. '04. A Zuk C50. IMO the C50 is still the best bike you can buy for the price. Anyway, I had it about a year and when the picts of the 109 first appeared on the net in Dec 05 I was hooked. I still made the effort of shopping around and came close to getting a Honda ST1300 but I could never find one at a decent price. I finally broke down and got my 109 in April.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went from a '98 Honda CBR600F3 to the M109 and have never looked back, I loved the Honda but was getting to the point in age where the back and wrists were getting too fatiqued riding and found the M109 to be the answer.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Haven't driven a bike in over 20 years, the last was a Kawasaki 900LTD. Decided to get back into bikes and started looking at the new speed king, the Kawasaki ZX-14. The more I thought about it, I really didn't want to drive around leaning forward all the time, it didn't seem comfortable although excitingly fast.

I started looking at a Victory (Potluck & Hammer), though they were beautiful they were more money than I wanted to spend and they were too big a difference from a fast sport bike like the ZX-14. Then I came across the 109 and it was love at first sight! A very cool looking cruiser with a lot of high tech sport bike attributes, Suzuki really hit the nail on the head this time!

Talk about an attention getter, this bike draws crowds around it everytime I park it in public. Last night a lady said it looked like a spaceship! Another gal said it was the most beautiful motorcycle she has ever seen, many others just said they hadn't seen anything that looks like this, I tell them I have to agree!

In the last few months I bought two vehicles that draw more attention than anything I've ever owned, the M109 and a new Z06 Corvette - both silver and fast whether sitting still or on the move! (( :

EFE M109

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: I hear ya EFE, I had a girl chase me down going 60 beeping her horn giving me a thumbs up :bigthumbsup: I only had the bike for 5 days

·
Registered
326 Posts
EFE M109 said:
started looking at the new speed king, the Kawasaki ZX-14.Â
Hmmmm, when did the Kawasaki hit 194 mph and set the Guiness production bike top speed record?, last I checked it still belongs to the 1999 Suzuki Hayabusa.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Actually I looked at the Busa also. The ZX-14 and the Busa are both speed limited to 189mph now. Anything over that speed has to have the limiter turned off. The ZX-14 gets there (top speed) quicker and the shops I visited agreed the Kawasaki was faster, but some felt the Busa still handled better.

All the reviews and magazine articles agreed also, the ZX-14 is now the fastest production bike on the market, at least in straight line speed. Some reviewers hit low 9's in the quarter mile, that is "FAST" by anybodies standard for a stock factory bike!

When you get as fast as either of those bikes, where would anybody use it on the street? Now I hear Suzuki will be bringing out a new Busa with 1500CC's, when will it end? ((( ;

EFE M109

PS:
I watched a video of a ZX-14 accelerating, the camera was on the speedo and it was incredible to see it go from a dead stop all the way to 189mph in around 15 seconds! The speedo looked like a tachometer, it just steadily went from one end of the dial to the other, scary fast!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts