M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll take exits with hard turns and instantly get a 'Extra heart beat reminder' that the clearance is just about done... And it really doesn't seem like I'm that far over when they hit. Even if I'm at a light turning left... I'll get ready to go and 'scrape'... Is there a mod/product that moves 'em up?

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I scrape my heels much more than I do my pegs. Even then, I feel like I'm really having to lean over pretty hard. Compared to most other cruisers, this one has some pretty amazing cornering clearance. Try leaning a VStar 1100 the same way you do the 109... You will really appreciate the amount you get then. If you really need to lean farther, you need a sportbike... or, after watching the video of Yellow Wolf running the Dragon on his GL1800, a Goldwing is a good choice.

·
Registered
702 Posts
WIZARD said:
I'll take exits with hard turns and instantly get a 'Extra heart beat reminder' that the clearance is just about done... And it really doesn't seem like I'm that far over when they hit. Even if I'm at a light turning left... I'll get ready to go and 'scrape'... Is there a mod/product that moves 'em up?
I usually scrape them in tight intersections too. I'd rather have some highway pegs before lifting the stockers though. They (the stock pegs) fold up and flip back down just fine when you hit 'em

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ppridgen1 said:
first do you have lowering bones ,second whats your rear shock setting and third what's you weight. I have to really be leaning and turning hard or have my wife and full saddle bags to get her :doorag: to do it otherwise!
Stock height.
Stock 4 setting.
140-150lbs.
5'6
Brwn eyes
Single :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess if I raised them I'd have more Short guy/Short legs action going on.... I'm so short, that after 120mph sprint my pant bottoms are around my knees :eek:. Raise em' and my pants would look like shorts!! :joke: :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bad109 said:
every other day! :bigthumbsup:
I guess mine is kinda' like every other day... One day right side... Next day left side... ;)

·
Registered
532 Posts
I've only scraped once in over 2000 miles while turning at an intersection. And I've leaned it over pretty far in some twisties

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Yeah, I drag em all the time. But I really hit it hard on the cornering sometime. On the Dragon a couple weeks ago a rider behind me told me all he saw was sparks each corner till I went out of sight. Actually I was dragging the frame mount for the pegs cause I was letting the pegs fold up.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I scrape mine almost daily. Lets me know I'm riding.....
I do have a question for you senior scrapers. What happens when you scrape over a big bump, or crack. Will the peg catch and rip it off the bike?
I always for a flat road before I scrape. If I see any significant bumps, or cracks, I straighten up.
Anyone ever hit them, what happens????

·
Registered
88 Posts
I used to scrape those things daily when I first got her. But now, it happens mostly at intersections, and in parking lots. Then there is the once in a while trhough the twisties, but mostly then my heels drag first. Thought I would have to relplace the sliders first but i found out my heels are wearing quicker! :eek:

·
Registered
721 Posts
Canuk said:
I do have a question for you senior scrapers. What happens when you scrape over a big bump, or crack. Will the peg catch and rip it off the bike?
I always for a flat road before I scrape. If I see any significant bumps, or cracks, I straighten up.
Rip it off?? LOL !!!
Enough of a crack or bump will rip YOU off the bike :)

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Canuk said:
I do have a question for you senior scrapers. What happens when you scrape over a big bump, or crack. Will the peg catch and rip it off the bike?
WOW, I never plan it, it just happens. My hels are certainly touching much more often. I will adjust my foot if I know I will have to lean WAY over... then the peg gets it.

Sledzep

PS. Does anyone know if the aftermarket foot pegs come with the little things to scrape and replace?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts