M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I lived in San Diego I had a few guys that I could call up just about any time and they would jump on the scoot and go for a ride with me. :doorag: Now that I live in East TN I have some of the best riding in the country but I don't have anyone to ride with. :confused: Some of the guys I use to ride with don't ride any more and the others that would ride with me are too far to hookup with. :confused:

I sure do miss having a riding buddy but I do fine as a solo rider too. :doorag: So how many of you guys have someone you ride with all the time?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I was in the sportbike scene for 12yrs prior. As my friends got older they all sold their sportbikes due to families, growing up, callin' it a phase of their life they lived through and the list goes on, some actually went down seriously. I never let the 'stunt' side of me leave, so I continued to stunt sportbikes but slowly had thoughts of what would I do if I wrecked back country somewhere (best place to avoid HP, and super long straights for distance and practice), then I'd be laying there with no help for who knows how long. Plus the riding got a tad boring over time although a set of tunez on the mp3 player and the roads on a bike have always been my love and free-mind thing.

So 2006 is my first cruiser ever! Figured I hit the age to slow down a bit (yeah right), I guess I'm not wheelie bound on this thing... But after a recent 2hr back canyon cruise yesterday and almost straight lining a 30mph curve... and seeing many straights... I had thoughts of the sportbike again.

But all in all, none of my friends ride at all. I've never had a problem meeting groups of riders and hittin' up weekend or one-a-week group rides...
But it's still not the same as the 10 second call to your bud in which you know will be down for anything... anytime...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Heck, at my age (67) my bride won't even ride with me anymore.
There are lots of poker runs and country rides here in FL that are very cool.
Then there is Daytona and Leesburg.
As I ride every day, I have plenty of company...Sure glad I installed an air horn!
Bradbike

·
Registered
600 Posts
I work varying shifts so it's hard to find the same group of guys to ride with. Things also seem a bit "cliquish" around here with so many American-made bike groups and the young guns on their sport bikes. I'm fine firing up the M and heading out by myself or with the missus, though. I/we have witnessed some incredible scenery around here that I might have missed if I were out horse-assing around with friends all the time, cruising up and down the same streets all day or night ;)

·
Registered
664 Posts
I bought the wife her first motorcycle when i got my M109R... (she got a C50) :bigthumbsup:
i have a few friends i work with who are always up for a couple hour ride...

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I've got the same deal as moonbaby.My Wife rides with me almost every time I want to ride.She loves jumping on her VTX 1300 and getting some air in her hair.LaMonster.....TN is the Wifes most favorite place we've ever lived.We woud ride with ya daily!!!!(oh,and thanks for the site!!)

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you ever make it up here look me up! :bigthumbsup: Got some good guys to ride with (most came from sportbikes with me :D. ). Some still have them. :bigthumbsup: We ride with everybody. Some have Harleys, some cafe's, while others have CX500 custom. One lady just bought a shadow. Everyone enjoys riding around here!!! :bigthumbsup: Anyone in Northern Indiana let me know... :D

G

·
I ride about 50/50. Half of our neighborhood are bikers, and most of our friends are bikers so they are all over. Most of our leisure time is spent with these folks. After a long day I enjoy coming home, grabbing the Ipod, and heading out solo for about 45 minutes to de-stress. For those times, alone is best.

I would think that as this board grows and more and more people find out about it and you, that shortly you will have plenty of buds to ride with. Wish I lived closer. I would love just to see your shop and your bikes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
99.9% of the time alone. Doesn't bother me a bit. Matter-of-fact i prefer it that way. I like to go where i want to go, when i want to go, how i want to ride, where i want to stop, how long i want to stay, and not have to be concerned about what someone else wants. I'm very selfish that way. :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have yet to see another 109 in west michigan area would love to ride with another. The place I work it is mostly HD's plus I'm management so dont get a lot of invites from the HD riders.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I ride 99% of the time alone. The guys at work ride but we all have differant schedules. It would be nice sometimes but its been this way for many years so I've gotten used to doing my own thing I am selfish that way. The bike shows are nice but then again if I want to spend 5 hours looking at the dyno guy I can and then wander off to get a look here and there. JOHN

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I also ride alone 99% of the time, however I really prefer riding with friends. I have one friend that rides with me occationally.
I love riding alone, but I also love riding with friends. I also love tagging along wth other riders I hook up with.
:p

·
Registered
898 Posts
Once in a blue moon I ride with the big flaming bananna Woodro.... 99% solo ... with an occasional wife ride.... she will ride more when and if I ever find a back rest that fits IN the stock seat like the austr. guys have...

I wanna ride the dragon so bad... maybe someday  :confused:

khrome

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Got a couple one who has a Sportster and the other a R1, we make a pretty weird looking combo while riding the rural hiways around here :D

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm in SW Michigan and I'm riding 95% of the time alone, well I'm doing "break in" right now, so I try to get it done as fast as possible. :bigthumbsup:

Got my CY recently as well,,,, so I ride a looooot :D

(I've had 6 bikes before, all Suzuki matter of fact :#1: )

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Most of my time (99%) I ride alone. All my buds who used to ride years ago no longer ride. I miss the camaraderie and good times with them.

I must say that riding the 109 does compensate for riding alone. It is so much fun it does not bother me as much as it did on my Madura.

That said, I would like to go on a group ride, even HD folks!! :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts