M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search but didn't find anything that will help.How many miles on average do you guys get to a tank 100-200 ?? just want to know what I'm up against. :dontknow:

·
Registered
116 Posts
175 to 200
Averaging around 44 mpg

·
Registered
696 Posts
JMBJ said:
175 to 200
Averaging around 44 mpg
how hard do you ride??.. i have yet to get better than 40mpg... ride with vigor.. but not over the top... mostly in "some" breezy conditions and up and down some small mountain roads... try to stay away from "traffic conditions"..2500 miles on the clock....mjm

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I'm averaging only 38mpg at the moment, but I should be doing my first oil change this afternoon or early tomorrow morning. Expecting to go up to 40 to 42 once I switch over to synthetic, but that may or may not be a pipe dream.

Going about 160 miles between fillups at present and putting in around 4 gallons a fill up

·
Registered
116 Posts
1700 miles on the 109 so far. Riding style is medium. I'm not always in the throttle, just occasionally.

·
Registered
696 Posts
thanx guys :doorag:,,, i'm already using amsoil... nice stuff :bigthumbsup: ...check with oil doc here on the board.. he can hook you up :super:....mjm :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
I average about 36 mpg have got as bad as 32 mpg and as good as 42 mpg. The low level light comes on between 140 and 150 something miles. Most of the time I stop for gas sortly there after, but have gone as far as 180 some odd miles on a tank.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Just for an idea of how far you can absolutely go before running dry, I average 39-40MPG. Figure this on a 5.2 gallon tank, and I can't expect to get more than 208 miles on a full tank. That being said, my light will usually start blinking somewhere around 155 miles and turn solid around 190. I have only had the light go solid once. I usually fill up around 180 miles or so, unless the blinking is getting on my nerves. I wouldn't suggest you really try to push it too close to empty because if you're only averaging 38MPG, you can only expect to go 197. I have gotten as little as 34MPG by running the bike really hard. I've only seen 43MPG once.

·
Registered
665 Posts
140-150,then filler up :bigthumbsup: Don't like pushing bikes. :D

·
Registered
890 Posts
I'll fill up around 165 -170 with a still blinking light...so I figure I'm getting close to 200 miles a tank.

Devilish

·
Registered
185 Posts
Medic1210 said:
Just for an idea of how far you can absolutely go before running dry, I average 39-40MPG. Figure this on a 5.2 gallon tank, and I can't expect to get more than 208 miles on a full tank. That being said, my light will usually start blinking somewhere around 155 miles and turn solid around 190. I have only had the light go solid once. I usually fill up around 180 miles or so, unless the blinking is getting on my nerves. I wouldn't suggest you really try to push it too close to empty because if you're only averaging 38MPG, you can only expect to go 197. I have gotten as little as 34MPG by running the bike really hard. I've only seen 43MPG once.
I must be getting terrible mileage...as my light comes on around the 120 mile mark...and I usually stop and fill up around the 140 mark and it will usually hold a little over 4 gals?? I think maybe mine is running rich for some reason...as sometimes I can smell a Little gas when I fire it up in the mornings (but no gas leaking that I can see) then while sitting at a red light if I rap the throttle more than once it will backfire and once in a while it will die?? I only have a 1000 miles on my 109..and had the service guy check it over at the 600 mile service...but he said it seemed fine to him. :dontknow:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Medic1210 said:
Just for an idea of how far you can absolutely go before running dry, I average 39-40MPG. Figure this on a 5.2 gallon tank, and I can't expect to get more than 208 miles on a full tank. That being said, my light will usually start blinking somewhere around 155 miles and turn solid around 190. I have only had the light go solid once. I usually fill up around 180 miles or so, unless the blinking is getting on my nerves. I wouldn't suggest you really try to push it too close to empty because if you're only averaging 38MPG, you can only expect to go 197. I have gotten as little as 34MPG by running the bike really hard. I've only seen 43MPG once.
+1 ditto

·
Registered
516 Posts
Does the light on your TACHOMETER go solid? Or the little gas LCD icon goes solid that resides on your gas tank? Which light are you all talking about please?

·
Registered
696 Posts
RubenAlonzo said:
Does the light on your TACHOMETER go solid? Or the little gas LCD icon goes solid that resides on your gas tank? Which light are you all talking about please?
both of em.. mjm

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
just fill up at when it starts blinking i cant stand that and the light might burnout too :dontknow:

·
Registered
450 Posts
311 miles to the tank, 25 gallons = 12.44 mpg - 5.9 durango..............oh you mean the 109, 130 miles on 4 gallons usually.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts