M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So what 90 rider has the most miles on the clock, and any major repairs needed yet?

My bike 2009 had it 1 month 1400 miles so far and bought it with 28 on it. 8)

·
Registered
143 Posts
I 've had mine 5 months and it has 4000k , - Can't wait for the corbin seat so I can keep clockin'em up

·
Registered
72 Posts
18 months and 15,500 kilometres

·
Registered
608 Posts
9-months, 8,000 miles (13,000 km)

The only problem I've had with mine has been a loose heat-shield on the exhaust pipe. Replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
did that make some clappy loud type noise under acceleration? I swear I have something loose somewhere, but I only really hear it when I ride with no helmet. But I usually ride with a helmet and dont hear it

·
Registered
169 Posts
7000 km 12 months, but only did 400 km since October 09. Sucks having to put it away for half the year!

And no problems.

·
Registered
608 Posts
did that make some clappy loud type noise under acceleration? I swear I have something loose somewhere, but I only really hear it when I ride with no helmet. But I usually ride with a helmet and dont hear it
Not sure if I'd describe it as 'clappy' but it was definitely a vibration type of noise. I would hear it while accelerating at certain speeds...I think it was between 2nd and 3rd gear. Then one day while shining the chrome mufflers I could see that it was loose. It was the part of # 7 (COVER,EXHAUST R) circled in the attached diagram. They replaced the whole thing which took care of the vibration.

At least temporarily. A few months later I could hear the sound again. This time, it was not the little part circled that was loose, the entire Exhaust Cover, R (#7) that was loose. The bolt (#9 on diagram) had fallen out. I was able to remove the exhaust and replace the bolt (with Red Loctite) myself.

I'm not going to get that vibration again as I'm now running Cobra Swepts...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure if I'd describe it as 'clappy' but it was definitely a vibration type of noise. I would hear it while accelerating at certain speeds...I think it was between 2nd and 3rd gear. Then one day while shining the chrome mufflers I could see that it was loose. It was the part of # 7 (COVER,EXHAUST R) circled in the attached diagram. They replaced the whole thing which took care of the vibration.

At least temporarily. A few months later I could hear the sound again. This time, it was not the little part circled that was loose, the entire Exhaust Cover, R (#7) that was loose. The bolt (#9 on diagram) had fallen out. I was able to remove the exhaust and replace the bolt (with Red Loctite) myself.

I'm not going to get that vibration again as I'm now running Cobra Swepts...
That part does wiggle some when I twist on the throttle when it is parked.... humm maybe I will check the bolts.... Thanks man

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm almost at 20,000 KM's and am leaving from Ottawa Canada to the Tail of the Dragon on June 4th so will put a couple more on it! :p

As for problems. One major problem on my trip to Cape Breton last summer. You can read about it here http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118610

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm almost at 20,000 KM's and am leaving from Ottawa Canada to the Tail of the Dragon on June 4th so will put a couple more on it! :p

As for problems. One major problem on my trip to Cape Breton last summer. You can read about it here http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118610
Man what a kick in the pants, I saw some oil around my rear hub but I think it was just left over from them doing the first service. I wiped it off and it has not appeared yet.

But now I can at least be aware of that problem. Thanks man!

·
Registered
132 Posts
3 1/2 Months... 4,000 mile... No Problems... Doing a Key West run next weekend and Tail of the Dragon in August.

·
Registered
12 Posts
7100 miles

For all going to the Dragon keep in mind that it can only be accessed from the NC side due to a rock slide on TN us129.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I glad U mention that, because I was coming from Florida, dropping the Camper North of Atlant and riding up to Tenn...

·
Registered
10 Posts
M90 Mileage

I've had mine for 11.5 months, and I've logged in 14,500 miles. I'm addicted to riding, so I ride it every day it's not raining, even throughout the winter. My coldest day to work was 13 degrees F. :doorag:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts