M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just hit 6000 miles and I can see the tire wear right down the middle. It looks like its time to change her. Ive never done a burn out. I ride pretty easy. I do some canyon carving but most of it has been Highway miles. Just wondering what you guys were getting out of your rear tires.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Granted, I am one who religiously keeps my tires inflated to 42 psi, I got 11,000 miles out of the stockers. Currently I have near 3,000 miles on a set of Dunlop Elites, 250 out back. Its looking like I will get around 10,000 out of the rear Elite, based on measurement when new, and what it is to date.

Keeping your tire pressures up will go a long way in getting optimal mileage from them.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I changed my stock rear at 8000 but it only looked half used( chromed wheels so I thought I would change to a 250 at the same time) my stock front has 13,000 on it now.

·
Registered
159 Posts
6000miles sounds pretty good. In New Zealand we have a lot of chip roads and they are hard on tyres. 10,000kms, about 6000 miles on my stock dunlops. They were stuffed and slipping in a straight line in the wet. Scary.

I have bought the Metzler 880, made it a different bike but I expect about 8000 kms tops. Tyres are expensive here too. $800 for a pair of metzlers. Ouch!

·
Registered
163 Posts
15K miles and it was really flat in the middle but held up pretty good..
Tire pressure is the key, 42psi is the number.

Front tire lasted the same but started to show aging (rubber developing small cracks).

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I think I got about 5000 miles out of the stock tire. So far on both the Metz 260 and Elite III 250, looks like about 8000.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Got 9000 on stock tires. Have elite 3's on now. I except to get 10,000 on the back ,It's a 250. Double that on the front. Going with Metzler next time around.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I get about 11 to 12 thousand miles on the Metzler 880's. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
4K mi. out of the stock. And for only $500 you can buy another P.O.S. just like it!

·
Registered
918 Posts
tires

i have never got more than 5500 miles out of any tire on any bike that i have ever owned, i don't do burn outs on purpose but there is the wheel spine from time to time from riding hard, and most of the time i ride 2 up and and I'm heavy also. :dontknow:

·
Registered
214 Posts
Got 10k out of my stockers but I also had a foot long piece of cord showing on the rear tire before someone noticed. Changed to elite 3's stock size about 2 1/5 months ago and now I'm just about ready for another rear tire. Front still has tread. They do have 11k on both tires so I guess I'm gonna have to get used to changing tires real often like.

Aug makes five months I bought my bike and I now have just over 21k on the bike.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
5200 on my stock rear. It still had some life left but the front was cupped so bad that it hummed and vibrated in turns.

I got 11,000 miles out of my first E3 250 rear and almost 13,000 miles out of the E3 front.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I am currently at 14,300KM's on my bike and the tread is looking perfectly good to me. I guess riding half the year due to weather makes everything last twice as long :dontknow:

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have 4000 miles on my Metz 880 and its nearly done. Admittedly, we did a lot of weekend rides with camping gear and riding 2 up recently, so I guess we're riding heavy also.

Yep, "tar & chip" road surfaces here too, they simply eat tyres.

I got more milage out of the Dunlop E3's. I'll be going back to dunlop once this metz is gone.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts