M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about 5600miles and still have some left but I baby the bike. How many more do I have to go till these tires have to be taken out to pasture?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Good question. I have 6800 on my stock set and they still have good meat on them. But, I don't baby them.

:pop::pop::pop::pop::pop:

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
9500 and starting to get a bit thin on the back, but the front has atleast half tread. Will be changing shortly anyways. Could probably get another 1000 out of the rear comfortably.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
I got 11k and still had a little more left. But I switched to chrome rims and did not want to place old tires on them.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I figure if I can get 10,000 out of them or close to it, I'll be ready for a new set of rims. Then I can move up to the 10" rear wheel.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,874 Posts
5200 miles. The rear still had some tread left but the front was cupping worse every day. I got over 12,000 out of my first set of E3's.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Just under 5k, I don't ride all that hard and never smoked the tire off. The center went real quickly. I mean it looked like I had good tread and then about 60 miles later it was shot. The front was also cupped very badly, so off they went. The e-3's I have now are way better than stock and If I knew then what i know now, they would have been changed a long time ago.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
4500. I ride hard, but no burnouts, or skidding. The stock rear tire is junk and Dunlap has a lot of nerve wanting $500 for it. On the other hand, I'm quite happy with the Dunlap E3 250, looks like it will last 3 times longer for 1/3 the price. And the next front tire for me will be the Metzler 160

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
i had 8k on my 9 with the stockers when I replaced them and they probly had 1 more rideing season left on them but wanted to get my metz on there and couldn`t wait any longer!!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Just under 5k, I don't ride all that hard and never smoked the tire off. The center went real quickly. I mean it looked like I had good tread and then about 60 miles later it was shot. The front was also cupped very badly, so off they went. The e-3's I have now are way better than stock and If I knew then what i know now, they would have been changed a long time ago.
True that :agree: I would get rid of the stockers as soon as possible!!!!!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
I have about 5600miles and still have some left but I baby the bike. How many more do I have to go till these tires have to be taken out to pasture?
Thought mine was fine heading out on trip to flagstaff...halfway through trip...stopped to get gas..looked at tire..and thread was showing at about 7000 miles...dont screw around with it..if it even looks close change it. Have e3 now..and quite happy with it. Getting new front tire in a couple of weeks..Even though it looks somewhat ok. Dont ever want to have that kind of crap happen again.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My rear tire drove 13500 km
and my front tire are replaced on June 9. at 18000 km service intervals.8)

·
Registered
692 Posts
tires

I got 13,350 KMS on the stock 240...bought a 250 Elite3 and got 10,200kms..I dont know why but I bought another Elite3 I should have tried something different...good ride just bad quality wear

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
i could not tell you i think the first set maybe was about 6800 and tire still had life this bike so far i have about 1200 on them but going to git ride of it as soom as i can dont like the stock tires........but that is me.....and yes ryosback i am going back to the 260 rear and to me this not a mod it so dont mine telling you............hehehehehehehe

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
4,500 miles on the stock (front was badly cupped). The next 3 sets were Metz - loved them, but only got 6,000 per set. I'm running E3's now - they're OK, but I liked the Metz more. Too bad they're a lot more $$.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I get just under 9k on metzler me880s 130 front and 280 rear. I have swapped them out 3 times and the next time is coming up real soon.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts