• What is a 280?

Votes: 7 6.6%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seriously!

Figured with almost every bike i passed on the street is a 9, did you step it up some with some @$$$$$-works?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
r u with a 2inch bones in your pic?

if so, any rub with "2-up"?

I just moved up to the 280 club about 6 weeks ago. I wish I knew how to add the patch to my signature.

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
3 weeks for me and loving it...after I wear this one out I,m gonna give the 300 a try...does it also fit on the 10" wheel,I know you you have to switch out the swing arm...

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
r u with a 2inch bones in your pic?

if so, any rub with "2-up"?
I do have the 2" lowering bones. It has bottomed out. I didn't know that it did, but the grooves in my tire told me so. I had to cut the bolts in under the rear fender. I only ride 1 up. I weigh 215-220 and left my shock at the factory setting.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
you to cut all the bolts down that are under the inner fender ......and you will get some rub on the stock swingarm but just watch you air pressure and you will be OK......When I ran my 280 2.25 lowering bones and I rode two up just fine.. and yes 300 fits on a 10 inch rim..

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I did have some rub on the shaft side. I used sandpaper to shave the tire down slightly, and it worked. My tire pressure is at 44psi.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
I did have some rub on the shaft side. I used sandpaper to shave the tire down slightly, and it worked. My tire pressure is at 44psi.
you could do 38 or 40 PSI and the rub would have gone away as well.. but a little rub wont hurt... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
735 Posts
My 10in will be here today and the tires are already in the garage. So by next week I will be in the 280 club.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stepping up to 300 after these fresh 280 threads wears down (guess a year from now).

A combo of 340 (wifey n I) is planned for the 2 inch bones installed, and curious if i should install or not.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Had a 280 for the past 35,000 miles.

Not the same one of course...

·
Registered
485 Posts
you could do 38 or 40 PSI and the rub would have gone away as well.. but a little rub wont hurt... :bigthumbsup:
Think I'm sitting at 40? Hmmm.. now i gotta go check.. and once I check it, you know what that means.... gotta go riding... :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts