M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Averaging about 2-3 people a day when I park, get gas, etc. just HAVE to look at the machine and ask me questions. Even cops. This is a bone stock 2008 mind you. That's in addition to all the stares and people craning their necks out car windows as I drive by. Now I know how celebs feel. How many admirers you guys get per day?

Chris

·
Registered
254 Posts
When its washed and all sparkly, my bike gets attention every time I take it out tbh. Same as yourself, petrol stations, restaurants etc, nearly always draws attention, people asking to take photos etc.

When its got road grime on it or packed with camping gear, not so much attention....

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Honestly my average is almost one comment at each fuel stop. It really pisses off my brother who rides a Harley! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
well on the SV i can get gas and be gone in about 4-5 minutes but on the 109 its an event that lasts 10-15 mins depending on the gas station. i try an avoid busy stations but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I can not make it out of a gas station un under a half hour.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Had a guy make a BEELINE the other day. Just parked at the gym was within visual. He looked intent on maybe kicking it. I thought **** maybe I passed him and he was pissed. Thought I was gonna have to tackle him. So I yelled out "wsup". He says, "hey this yours? Best looking bike I have seen."

Crisis averted. :)

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
customers

Pulled into a empty gas station last night,thinking great in and out quick...the cashier asked me a hundred questions,and even went out and took pic with cell phone...still took half hour too get out....and its still stock,so u better get use to it....i seem to get more questions now that i de badged...looks better but longer to gas up...:dontknow:

·
Registered
285 Posts
All the stares are new for me. "Bada$$" is usually the descriptor used and I love it as I never get described as that. This morning a passenger from a van stuck his head out the window and gave me the thumbsup, so I gave him the finger! - Hey we are bikers, right? Just kidding I gave him the thumbsup :) Its fun!

·
Registered
111 Posts
hell yeah its mine!

Went riding with a friend yesterday and he had us stop by two of his friends houses so they could look at it.Then the wife and i were up at the suzuki dealership when some guy had her come get me so he could listen to it.come to find out he has a nine(anothe one for the next mid atlantis meet) and was picking exhausts.Gotta love these beasts!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have so many admirers. I now have an entourage, aerial and ground camera crew, groupies, papparazi, Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders, and a band that follows me everywhere i go. :a18:
****, I'll just take the cheerleaders.

·
Registered
165 Posts
:D:D My favorite so far is the guy running off the road and his wife smacking him on the back of the head to get his attention. My oldest son told me he wished I had bought a different bike because of all the time we spend answering questions. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Attention Getter.

Know what you fella's are on about.Get that a lot also,and the Ranga is totally stock.The best compliment I got was when I was pulled into an RBT/Drug testing station not long after buying the bike.The police officer was really cool.An old school cop,who did a lot of his years in traffic on a Motor Cycle.The first thing he asked me was ''How long did it take you to build this?It's the best custom bike I have ever seen!A couple of other cops were also ogling the bike and had huge smiles on their faces-especially one female officer who was quite HOT.She also payed a compliment on how great the bike looked.The smiles soon turned to surprise when they were told that it came out of the Suzuki factory this way.They then asked how long these bikes had been around.Told them almost 2 years.The officers said that they hadn't seen any of these around,but would be looking in future for the ones that are out there.An RBT test usually takes less than 5 minutes,but I was 'Detained' for 20 minutes that night.The test was negative and I was 'Allowed' to leave.Not long after that,I was out for a ride,got pulled over by 2 officers who wanted to look at the bike because they wondered what the hell it was.After 15 minutes of explaining what the bike was,we went our separate ways.So yeh,I get that a lot.Ride safe people.KEZZ.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts