M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 192 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like I've seen a lot of folks that have said they bought their bike because of what they read here. I would like to get an idea of how many folks really did buy their bike because of the influence of this site. :doorag:

·
Registered
253 Posts
Hell yeh mate this is the main reason for my purchase of one i was wanting to get one anyway but reading all i could and even all the bad things about the bike and all the issues I still wanted one It was great to see a group of guys and gals have the same interest in a brand new model bike and eveyone willing to help out with whatever problems arose and also know that there is people out there willing to take time out of their lives and make things for the bike so we can personalise them to our own style

Lamonster you rock dude thanks for a fantastic site and also thanks for having mates in the bike industry that help you make this site what it is :bigthumbsup:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
I too have to say thanks for the great site. I didn't find it until after I bought my bike (got mine in March) but if i hadn't, all the great people and info here would've sold me. It just reinforces that i made the right decision. I just need a 12 step prgoram to get me off here. i'm an addict..... ::)

·
Registered
20 Posts
This site definitely influenced my final decision over a VTX. The dealer had an 05 VTX and tried to push it on me, but thanks to this forum my mind was made up. Not only did it help me decide, I knew what to look for when I picked up the 109 and what to watch for after riding it. The wealth of knowledge is staggering. I have never had a question or problem that the search function :bigthumbsup: couldn't answer. Thanks for the site.

G

·
I had bought the bike already, when I found the site, but when I saw that LAMONT was on this and the site I knew I made the right decision.

I bought my VTX in 03 after I found the VTXOA site, that site helped me make the descision on that one.

TAZ

·
Registered
185 Posts
I was already smitten with the 109 bug before finding this site . . . but it definitely helped to push me over the edge to buy one ! :bigthumbsup: :super: :p

·
Registered
721 Posts
I had seen the machine on the Suzuki web site and loved the looks....

I can say M109Riders.com definitely influenced my decision.

I was actually looking for a cheap used bike in the beginning.

I am SO glad I didnt do that !!! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I had already made up my mind about buying my 109 when I found this site. However, the things I read about on here helped reinforce my decision.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I saw it on TV several times and finally caught what it was.

I searched the internet & read everything I could on it, especially reviews.

I found this site & monitored it before my purchase or joining.

I went to a dealer and actually saw a black one (You know, the fastest color) and was allowed to sit on it for a feel.

Got with a buddy of mine who sells Suzuki's and worked out a deal.

The rest is history but I must say that the contents of this site influenced me a great deal. I not only looked for the good things but especially the bad things.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I had seen it on the Suzuki website and just loved it. I found this board the same evening after I had purchased my bike. I am sure that had I found this site first, it would only have contributed to my desire to purchase this bike.

A big thanks to everyone who has contributed to this site, it's a wonderful source of info. Also, a great big thanks to Lamont for keeping tabs on it. Last, but certainly not least, another big thanks out to Hal and everyone @ directline, you guys are great!!

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
407 Posts
I too had already decided on buy the m109 but then found the site and this help make my decision easier.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Bought my bike on the 16th of March after researching and reading articles. Knew I HAD TO HAVE IT. Called the dealer and said I want the first silver one that rolls in. He called when the truck pulled up and I wrote the check while the forklift was unloading the crate!! Loved it ever since! :bigthumbsup:

Joined this site on April 7th, two days after Lamonster fired it up :bigthumbsup: Appreciate all the input on this bike from all the members!! Keep it up!

·
Registered
14 Posts
First bike was an 1981 Suzuki 1100E, second was and Suzuki 750E, third was another 750 Suzuki statring to get the picture :) :) :)anyway wanted to get back on a bike after 16yrs but Suzuki didn't offer anything I wanted.
looked at a mean streak 02, 03, and then after riding an VTX1800 in 04 I was hooked on that when the VTX1800 F came out I said that is the one(last year)....tried to buy put no joy on the credit :verymad: :verymad: well thank God for that....Got a magazine early this year and flipping through it I saw IT :eek: :eek: :eek:
DAMM what the Hell is that.....Searched all sites, have all motorcycle magazine test, found this site :D :D :D
bought my Favorite brand and New 07 M109R and am I love with riding again.... :) :) :)
Not enough good things to say about this site....Keep up the great work

·
Registered
721 Posts
Lamonster said:
Seems like I've seen a lot of folks that have said they bought their bike because of what they read here. I would like to get an idea of how many folks really did buy their bike because of the influence of this site. :doorag:
Looks like Suzuki owes you some commission !! :D

This site has done a great deal of good, and has continued to grow and improve :bigthumbsup:

Lamonster... Thanks
:a18: :2cool: :#1: :clap2: :beer2: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
not me, I was looking for bikes after i had the 2005 boulevard 800cc threw the winter of 2005. I wanted a heavier bike I do reffer to this site allot thank you

·
Registered
696 Posts
Pr0wl3r-X said:
I had seen the machine on the Suzuki web site and loved the looks....

I can say M109Riders.com definitely influenced my decision.

I was actually looking for a cheap used bike in the beginning.

I am SO glad I didn't do that !!! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
this is close to how i got mine... gave up on the used bike.. bought a new m50.. hated it... got what i wanted and should have gotten in the first place..... m109r... this site was and still is the best thing going for the 109 owner...thanks for all the hard work keeping it going.... your store will bet first shot at my aftermarket biz.....mjm

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would say this site heavily influenced my decision. I was trying to decide between the M109 and the Warrior. There were a couple of posts on this site with respect to comparing these two bikes and that information along with test driving both bikes, and especially my second test drive of the M109 is what influenced my decision.

Thanks again to Lamonster for taking care of this valuable resource.

·
Registered
116 Posts
bought the beast first then found this great site

1 - 20 of 192 Posts