M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How many 9ers plan to attend the Rolling Thunder event in Washington, D.C? Held during Memorial Day weekend, this yearly event pays tribute to our Prisoners of War(POWs)/Missing in Action (MIAs), as well as all those who have sacrificed so much in defense of our Nation.

Official Website:

http://www.rollingthundermotorcyclerally.com/

Additional Information/Events:

http://www.rollingthunder1.com/PDFs/RT%20XXIII%20%20Sched%20Web%20Site%20-%20General%20Public.pdf

http://www.dwcllcsolutions.com/rop/

·
Registered
485 Posts
Been waiting for this ride... just about finished my mods and now I'll be out of town!!! :cus: :doh:

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
We may ride from the FT Washington dealer and then break off to hit some country roads. Still undetermined at this time. Still have to talk to a couple of local riders.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We may ride from the FT Washington dealer and then break off to hit some country roads. Still undetermined at this time. Still have to talk to a couple of local riders.
Ryno, is this your plan for Saturday or Sunday? I had a trip planned to KY but I might cancel in order to be able to do this event. I am really looking forward to riding with other 9ers ahead of the Mid-Atlantic:D. If you don't mind, whatever you end up doing, let me know.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
Ryno, is this your plan for Saturday or Sunday? I had a trip planned to KY but I might cancel in order to be able to do this event. I am really looking forward to riding with other 9ers ahead of the Mid-Atlantic:D. If you don't mind, whatever you end up doing, let me know.
No problem, I will post something up in the MD chapter. Sunday is the parade route. CLICK HERE

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
So how many people are doing it and when are you all coming up and where are you all staying? I ask, because maybe we can all get together and have dinner Saturday or Sunday at the least. I have done the parade several times. So I am thinking of going ridding or going out on the boat. But meeting up for some grub meeting new people would be great for me. Let me know.

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
So how many people are doing it and when are you all coming up and where are you all staying? I ask, because maybe we can all get together and have dinner Saturday or Sunday at the least. I have done the parade several times. So I am thinking of going ridding or going out on the boat. But meeting up for some grub meeting new people would be great for me. Let me know.
I'm doing Rolling Thunder in some sort of way. Saturday is definitely out for me... parties from morning to night.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I live just outside of DC to the west of the city. When Rolling Thunder comes to town I get out. ;)

Seriously, I have no desire to ride in a huge group.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'll be in Bowie Saturday afternoon/evening, staying at Rip's, leaving Monday morning to head back South. Doing the parade on Sunday with my wife and son on her bike, and at least two other guys I know on a Sabre and an HD.

PM sent.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Me, Harris and Mike (Giddyup109) are leaving from Battley Cycles in Rockville and doing the ride into DC with the convoy, but we bail out before they hit the Pentagon parking lot. I'd love to be in the actual parade some day, but until they find a way to organize it better, I'll pass. Not interested in being "stuck" in that parking lot for 3-5 hours with nothing to do, while we wait for the parade to start.

We'll bail out in DC and hit some back roads out of town, heading toward Gettysburg, and grab some lunch at The Pike!

Everyone be safe and have a great time!! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

EDIT: I was just informed that our little group has grown a bit. Joining the 3 of us will be Jacques, Ryan (Rynosback), Vic (he has a 9, but I'm not sure if he posts here), our friend Jerry (who some of you met at last year's Meet...he had the Raven's bike, but now has a Raider), and possibly Glen (Seapup). Gonna be a fun day! :D:doorag:

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
This is what this weekend is all about, and if you run across a Veteran, then THANK Him/Her for their service to our Country regardless of how-ever small you might think it be:

GOD BLESS OUR MILITARY MEN & WOMEN and Those Who Support Them:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Me, Harris and Mike (Giddyup109) are leaving from Battley Cycles in Rockville and doing the ride into DC with the convoy, but we bail out before they hit the Pentagon parking lot. I'd love to be in the actual parade some day, but until they find a way to organize it better, I'll pass. Not interested in being "stuck" in that parking lot for 3-5 hours with nothing to do, while we wait for the parade to start.

We'll bail out in DC and hit some back roads out of town, heading toward Gettysburg, and grab some lunch at The Pike!

Everyone be safe and have a great time!! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

EDIT: I was just informed that our little group has grown a bit. Joining the 3 of us will be Jacques, Ryan (Rynosback), Vic (he has a 9, but I'm not sure if he posts here), our friend Jerry (who some of you met at last year's Meet...he had the Raven's bike, but now has a Raider), and possibly Glen (Seapup). Gonna be a fun day! :D:doorag:
BikerGranny, So far I count 8 9's and you need 9 9s to make it an official 9 event :D:joke:. I might be that 9th 9 rider; Of course, if you guys don't nine--I meant, if you guys don't mind. By Saturday, I should know with more certainty. Are you guys/gals planning to go to Ft. Washington H-D on Saturday? I believe Ryno was planning to go there. Additionally, where will you be meeting at in DC on Sunday? BTW, I live in the same area as Seapup so we might be able to hook and iron out some of the details.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Me and my buddy were actually considering doing this ride this weekend...not sure I want to deal with crowds...seems like it would be an awesome experience and I love the meaning behind it...:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'll be looking for veterans to thank at the But Out on Sunday in Manassas. :D

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
BikerGranny, So far I count 8 9's and you need 9 9s to make it an official 9 event :D:joke:. I might be that 9th 9 rider; Of course, if you guys don't nine--I meant, if you guys don't mind. By Saturday, I should know with more certainty. Are you guys/gals planning to go to Ft. Washington H-D on Saturday? I believe Ryno was planning to go there. Additionally, where will you be meeting at in DC on Sunday? BTW, I live in the same area as Seapup so we might be able to hook and iron out some of the details.
LOL, I like the way you think! ;)

We're still working out all the details on how we're going to hook up with everyone in the group, since there's actually two parts to the day's ride. The first part of the ride is the Rolling Thunder part, where we will be meeting up somewhere in Germantown, riding to Rockville HD (Battley) to get in line for the Rolling Thunder group (that's usually a few thousand bikes, LOL), and ride into DC with them...haven't figured out where we are bailing out and stopping to hook up with others for Part 2 of the ride into Gettysburg.

How about you take my cell number and just call me tomorrow...by then I'll know more (240-506-1445). Since you know your way around the DC area pretty well, I'm sure we'll be able to find a good place to hook up with you. If you want to actually ride "to" DC with us, you'd have to come all the way out to Germantown or Rockville to hook up with us...that's up to you. Just give me a hollar tomorrow! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

Saturday is my birthday, and I know we're doing some riding, but I don't know exactly what Harris has planned for the day. What time are people meeting up at Ft. Washington HD on Saturday? Maybe we can incorporate that into our ride, if it's not at dinner time (we have dinner plans). :dontknow:

·
Registered
852 Posts
LOL, I like the way you think! ;)

We're still working out all the details on how we're going to hook up with everyone in the group, since there's actually two parts to the day's ride. The first part of the ride is the Rolling Thunder part, where we will be meeting up somewhere in Germantown, riding to Rockville HD (Battley) to get in line for the Rolling Thunder group (that's usually a few thousand bikes, LOL), and ride into DC with them...haven't figured out where we are bailing out and stopping to hook up with others for Part 2 of the ride into Gettysburg.

How about you take my cell number and just call me tomorrow...by then I'll know more (240-506-1445). Since you know your way around the DC area pretty well, I'm sure we'll be able to find a good place to hook up with you. If you want to actually ride "to" DC with us, you'd have to come all the way out to Germantown or Rockville to hook up with us...that's up to you. Just give me a hollar tomorrow! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

Saturday is my birthday, and I know we're doing some riding, but I don't know exactly what Harris has planned for the day. What time are people meeting up at Ft. Washington HD on Saturday? Maybe we can incorporate that into our ride, if it's not at dinner time (we have dinner plans). :dontknow:
I'm going to miss out on this G'burg ride, but I told Harris we'll definitely catch up some other time. I will have a newb with me, and we MAY do the ride from Ft. Wash HD to the Pentagon, and then break off, but I'm definitely not wanting to take him on such a long ride to G'burg.

By the way, Happy Early Birfday to us!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts