M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any knows how many 109's have been produced for the '06 model year. I keep hearing limited editions. If so how many have been produced. My dealer is a large central NY dealer and he tells me that he got just ten 109's for 2006, all of which are gone. I know of other dealers in the area that got zero units.

Wacky :dontknow:

·
Registered
152 Posts
My dealer (N Sarasota) got 4.
Then none in showroom for 2 weeks.
Haven't seen but 1 in Sarasota area.
They (Suz) may be putting a few on the market to see how they fly.
Also building demand.
Then, I would expect a model upgrade and price increase.
I think we few hundred are the lucky ones here.
Bradbike

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Talked to the salesman who sold me mine.....they have a Black one on the floor with a SOLD sticker....he said he wished they could get their hands on more but have been informed by Suzuki that there allotment to dealers has been met. Not sure what that means??? Might be a "marketing ploy" by Suzuki to restrict production with the first year introduction. You can best bet that there will be no carry over 06 109's at discounted prices. Some dealers are now realizing that the $12,399 is reasonable considering customer reaction to this "Hot Bike".....some folks are even willing to pay a premium to get their hands on one.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just put a $100.00 deposit on a black 109R in FL. Dealer has a list of 13 orders before mine, told me I would have the bike in 4-6 weeks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A UK stealer told me that 32 bikes were allocated for England (maybe the UK - not sure)
Now that has dropped to 18 because of demand elsewhere.
I pick mine up at the weekend, so that leaves 17.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I smell a rat! How does that old saying go...."Always leave' em wanting more!"?

I think the limited numbers is a bunch of hype to keep demand up. They'll keep bangin' em out the door.

In the Indianapolis area, I've been to two different dealer, and each has two on the floor. Both dealers are claiming to have already sold two others as well.

JMHO

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i read somewhere that the initial "batch" was 2500 bikes. i don't know how long suzuki goes between "batches" though.

G

·
tmac1337 said:
I just put a $100.00 deposit on a black 109R in FL. Dealer has a list of 13 orders before mine, told me I would have the bike in 4-6 weeks.
Hey tmac - was that the dealer in Okeechobee by any chance? I also put down a deposit but on a blue one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
My local dealer in terre haute has recieved 4 2 blue and 1 of each of the others.
They still have one of each color left.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I don't think the limited numbers have anything to do with Suzuki not being confident in the acceptance of the bike.

Rather, I think they saw what Honda went through with the launch of the VTX and were determined not to follow suit. When you are whoring out a $13,000 bike for $7,000, that's a problem. Suzuki is being smart in letting word-of-mouth and the great press reviews push demand first.

And if the past is any indication, I don't anticipate huge price increases either. Suzuki has a reputation for being very aware of the competition and pricing their bikes accordingly. They already dominate the 800cc cruiser sector, and they are aiming to do the same with the Big Twin sector as well, as evidenced by the fact that they are introducing another new Boulevard this fall and two more next year based on the 109 ci platform.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Wanted said:
I don't think the limited numbers have anything to do with Suzuki not being confident in the acceptance of the bike.

Rather, I think they saw what Honda went through with the launch of the VTX and were determined not to follow suit. When you are whoring out a $13,000 bike for $7,000, that's a problem. Suzuki is being smart in letting word-of-mouth and the great press reviews push demand first.

And if the past is any indication, I don't anticipate huge price increases either. Suzuki has a reputation for being very aware of the competition and pricing their bikes accordingly. They already dominate the 800cc cruiser sector, and they are aiming to do the same with the Big Twin sector as well, as evidenced by the fact that they are introducing another new Boulevard this fall and two more next year based on the 109 ci platform.
I think you hit it right on the nail head!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Candingo said:
Hey tmac - was that the dealer in Okeechobee by any chance? I also put down a deposit but on a blue one.
Yes is was, "ARSpowersports". I did the deal with Amber over the phone. Invoice plus tax, tag, title. That place is great for buying bikes at those prices. Now I just have to see if they get enough of em to sell! Amber said would have it 4-6 weeks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought the first bike at my dealer before it hit the floor and they told me they did not know when they would get another bike in but in two weeks they got 3 more. since then there has not been another bike hit the floor. I talked to another dealer and they told me that they only got 2 and would not get any more.

G

·
tmac1337 said:
Yes is was, "ARSpowersports". I did the deal with Amber over the phone. Invoice plus tax, tag, title. That place is great for buying bikes at those prices. Now I just have to see if they get enough of em to sell! Amber said would have it 4-6 weeks.
Cool - I hope mine will arrive in the same time frame!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Only 5 bikes were allocated to Western Australia. All sold of course. My Stealer has orders for eleven more but doesn't know when the next batch of bikes will be, so he's refusing to take deposits at the moment.

·
Registered
441 Posts
THE DEALER IN DELAWARE TOLD ME HE WAS GETTING 20 OF THEM I GOT MY BIKE THE 2nd WEEK IN APRIL AND I KNOW HE HAD SOLD AT LEAST 5 BEFORE MINE. HE SELLS ALOT OF BIKES AND IS A GOOD DEALER TO DEAL WITH STANDS BY HIS WORD . LAST JULY I BOUGH A C50 FROM HIM GAVE ME 1,200 IN OPTIONS. THE M109R DOES NOT EVEN HIT HIS SALES FLOOR BEFORE THEY ARE SOLD.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I spoke to my dealer earlier today (Cycle Sport of Alexandria, VA) and they said that my black 109 was the only one they were going to get and that they would only get a few more, one silver and possibly another blue or silver. I bought my bike two weeks ago tomorrow (Friday) and when I returned with it to the dealer the next day (on Saturday) to pick up my back seat, I had several angry customers coming out of the showroom to look at it telling me how I was riding "their" bike. All I can say is if you see one of these in the showroom and it doesn't have a SOLD sticker on it, buy it as quickly as you can or be prepared to wait another few months for the next batch.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I bought the purp, another guy here bought the black ( same) dealer, 1 day before me. 1 dealer in Idaho , just over the border sold a black one, and those 2 dealers have 1 silver each sitting in the showroom. Dealer I bought mine said I could get a black one from the seattle pipeline if I waited a week. I'm glad I liked the purp, otherwise I'd be waiting . If your near Spokane WA, call Powersports on Division, or Beaudrie in Post Falls if you want a silver one and it's not too far to go.

·
Registered
817 Posts
quick silver said:
THE DEALER IN DELAWARE TOLD ME HE WAS GETTING 20 OF THEM I GOT MY BIKE THE 2nd WEEK IN APRIL AND I KNOW HE HAD SOLD AT LEAST 5 BEFORE MINE. HE SELLS ALOT OF BIKES AND IS A GOOD DEALER TO DEAL WITH STANDS BY HIS WORD . LAST JULY I BOUGH A C50 FROM HIM GAVE ME 1,200 IN OPTIONS. THE M109R DOES NOT EVEN HIT HIS SALES FLOOR BEFORE THEY ARE SOLD.
Not to be too cynical here, but it would be pretty easy for a dealer to say "yeah, I'm getting [fill in a random number here], but they're all sold before they hit the sales floor, blah blah blah." Without seeing the inventory, I'd be very skeptical of a claim like that. It makes no sense that Suzi would send that many to, um, Delaware of all places, while other dealers are going without.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts