M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried the search and i keep comin up with nothin:mad:........im sure its out there already so if i could just get some hepl finding the old thread, or a quick answer would be great!! I am ordering parts and cant decide on how low to go?? i ride 2 up alot of the time......about 350 combined weight..... not an extreme hard corner rider....more just cruising.....im looking at 2", just wanted to see what people had to say. Thanks again for any insight!!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,878 Posts
My wife and I weight about the same, and mine was fine with the 2" bones on it. Just remember to grind the bolts off that hang below the fender over the tire. And if you tilt the pegs up a little you don't lose that much cornering clearance either.

Riding two up, it helps to adjust the shock up to 5 or 6 from the factory 4 position.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the input!! cant say enough about this site and all the quick advice and answers i get!!8)

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I have been on 2" 3" and air-ride.

I echo Zoom on the 2"

The 3" bottomed out a few times but the biggest problem was dragging the pipe before the feeler.

The air ride was an easy sell to the wife.

Honey, it is for you. I can set it up to ride sporty for when I am alone and when you get on it, I can have it riding like a Cady down the highway for you.

I can tell you that bones always seem to sell quickly, so do not hesitate to do those if you need to work up to air ride.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts