Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15years-20years

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be interesting to see how long everyone has rode. As many members as we have on here,we could take the numbers,and come up with a average! I'm a Old Dog (57) been riding/racing since I was 10years old.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I am 48 and my dad started me driving a 50cc Harley (which was inported from Italy) at 6 years old. Had a mini bike at 5.

·
Registered
134 Posts
This is my fisrt year riding and the 109 is my first bike.
I ride everyday for work so I get about 3 hours in riding in city traffic

Sean

·
Registered
306 Posts
I had to total mine. Rode when I was a teen and in my early 20s. Came back to it this year at the ripe old age of 50.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Rode from 10 till 23 then didn't ride until I was 38 (now 41) so I guess I have been riding for 16years.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I was 12, started on a Honda 90.I have had a valid m/c licence since I was 15 1/2 yrs old. I have never been without a motorcycle since then. My 109 is my 15th street bike. The Honda 90 was the only bike under 750 cc. I am 49 yrs old I mean young.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Two years.... Second Bike. First one was 2001 honda cbr 929rr...... I love the speed i guess. :joke:

By the way so :edit: jealous im not down in Daytona!

·
Registered
116 Posts
WohoSo said:
I am 48 and my dad started me driving a 50cc Harley (which was inported from Italy) at 6 years old. Had a mini bike at 5.
Wow that's pretty cool, I am 42 and my dad started me out around age 12 on a 90cc Harley probably similar to the 50cc you had. Pretty neat. Have had motorcyle license since turning 16.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Off and on for 20 years on the street. I got my first dirt bike when I was 9. The M is my fifth street-legal motorcycle. I am 41 years old.

·
Registered
185 Posts
20 +

Lots of bikes . .

Lots of miles . .

Lots of fun ! !  :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
right at 35 years. started out at 14 on an enduro (street legal dirt bike) 100cc. I think they call them dual sports now days. I was licensed for the 100cc bike on the street at age 15, that was the law then I think they allow bigger bikes now. By the time I was 16 you could license for whatever size you wanted and since I worked since age 14 I ran out and bought my first "real" street bike a 75' H2 750 Kawasaki three cylinder two stroke a bike kind of like the 109 for it's time but handled like stank compared to the 109. I only went a couple months in the late 70's without a bike while I was looking. I have had 3 bikes at one time since 87'. My oldest is my project bike, a 73' 900 Z1. I bought it as a runner in 79' but she needs the motor gone through now, I completely rewired and upgraded the electrical system a few years back.

·
Registered
411 Posts
M109LOVER said:
Today in Daytona.... about 5 hours.

seriously about 30 years.
M109Lover, j/k of course can you tell that I am jeaulous that you are in Daytona and I´m not

I have been riding since Christ was a corporal. Is that long enough? ;)

·
Registered
476 Posts
Street riding 17yr, off and on with my brothers dirt bike since I was about 18, 58 now. Should have got one of the street bikes I was looking at back in the early 70s....Oh well :(

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
10 yo - honda 50cc 3 speed, gears 0-down, 3-up. Got it for $40. Sold it 3 years later for $20. It never ran again.

15 yo - Suzuki DR 125. Brother bought & left at the house (he was active duty..hell, he still is).

17 yo - 1982 Honda CM 250 Custom. Brother also bought. At this time, I had a 1972 Nova w/ a 350....and a bad body. Traded him the car for both bikes. Two weeks later, I traded the 125 for another Nova, this time a 1978 w/ a 305.

In 2004, at 32 yo, I used scholarship money & student loans to purchase my 1999 Suzuki VS800 with 16K miles on it. I'm close to 35K miles now. Paid off student loans when I graduated May 2005. :)

(oh, and in August 2005, I bought a Suzuki GZ250 for my wife and she's rode it for a year now)

Now....I'm waiting to: 1) buy wife bigger bike, 2) buy me a 109.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Since July 2006. Practiced on my wife's Yamaha Virago XV750 for a few months before buying the big bad black '07 in September. I got a late start...I'm 32.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice pic Lamont! I am only 30 but started riding dirt bikes at the age of 7. I grew up in Las Vegas as a kid so there wasn't much else to do but ride bmx and dirt bikes. Even got a little go cart racing under my belt. I started riding street bikes in my late teens. I was fortunate enough to live in the Bay Area around that time so I got to play quite a bit at Laguna Seca. Raced a few AMA road races as a privateer. Then pretty much stuck with recreational riding from that point on. I thought my dirt days were long gone until I bought my 9 year old a dirtbike this year. Time to start shaping/warping the minds of the next generation.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Bought my first Harley when I was 17. That was just before I took it all apart and painted it. :D This is my wife, we've been together since we were 15. :doorag:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts