M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this question on my other thread but not many responses. My wife is worried about the comfort factor of this bike. ::)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Billiards,

My wife rides with me all the time. She liked the ride a lot when we first got it. Then we got our Corbin seats with a backrest, now she LOVES it! The only thing that I think will make it just a little nicer is when someone comes out with the rear adapter so we can put a passenger board on instead of the stock pegs. The 109 rides and handles beautifully with 2 up.

Ric

·
Registered
443 Posts
Two up is good according to my wife (she is not much of a bike riding type). It is better than my 1400 Intruder and different than the BMW. It's just fine, go for it! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Me and mt old lady ride all the time...its got plenty of room for both....had a meanstreak b4 this and this is much better

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Wish I could help ya out bro, but I hadn't even recieved my passenger seat from my dealer when I parked it. Not that I really care to have it yet, none of the chicks I know are brave enough to get on the back seat :D

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
M109 Widow said:
no but you can take a standard harley peg adapter and drill a hole directly even with the clevis pin toward the outside to house the spring and ball bearing detent assy and the work great
????? :eek: :eek:

I'm thinking either Ashley REALLY got good with hand tools all of a sudden, or Perry forgot to check who was logged in to the site :D :D

·
Registered
600 Posts
Out of the 9,200 miles on my M, probably 3,000 of them was two-up. No backrest yet but the missus still loves it :D

·
Registered
665 Posts
My wife,wasn't impressed at all,with the 109. We have a 06 GW. After her riding on that,you might as well forget it. She said as far as she was concerned,I could throw the passenger seat,and pegs in the trash. :bigthumbsup:Which worked out REAL well for me. I hate the looks of the back seat on the 109. It really messes up the lines of the bike.

·
Registered
296 Posts
As far as seat comfort , that seems to be pretty good. As for peg placement it depends on how tall your passenger is. My wife is only 5'2" (but she is FIERCE when she needs to be :eek: ) and she likes it......I did the "$100" backrest mod and she had no problems going on 250 mile one day pleasure cruises.

I will probably be getting a Rifle windsheild and the Suzuki full cut gel seats and a larger backrest for some long trips eventually. Maybe even the bag set.....

·
Registered
113 Posts
DaltonH said:
Wish I could help ya out bro, but I hadn't even recieved my passenger seat from my dealer when I parked it. Not that I really care to have it yet, none of the chicks I know are brave enough to get on the back seat :D
You need to meet new Chicks..... :p

I've rode on the back of one and it's not terrible but it can hurt after awhile. The ummph when you get on the gas is awsome...... :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

It's more comfortable in the drivers seat though.... ;)

·
Registered
679 Posts
My wife only rode once without a backrest and hated it. When I bought Her the corbin w/backrest she wanted to go more, Now the I got the saddlebags to haul stuff I have to ride solo on my day off cause if she is home the bike doesn't leave unless She is on it. Works out OK for me as I get to ride alot more this way.

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Trouble_Is said:
Out of the 9,200 miles on my M, probably 3,000 of them was two-up. No backrest yet but the missus still loves it :D

And what a sweet looking lovely lady!! :D :D

I ordered a backrest from Zuz...my babe will not ride it without one and the install kit is still not available...maybe someday ::) ;) :confused:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts