M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you tighten the clamp on the rubber boot that holds the air filter pod? I took mine off but now i can not get to the screw because the front cylinder is in the way..Any thoughts or suggestions. ::)

·
Registered
443 Posts
Take the off the hose at the air box. Then tighten the hose to the air cleaner with it off the bike. Then re- attach to the bike and tighten to the air box.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Yes, you do. I was getting ahead of myself. Sorry about that. ;)

·
Registered
443 Posts
That's another reason to do some after market mods to it. Open K&N's would be great and benefit in other areas.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
When I took off my air filters off I just took off the mounting bolts off and just pulled them off , I didn't loosen the clamps that go to the tube for the airbox , when I put them back on I just worked the tubes back on the air filter housings. They didn't take much work to get them on :bigthumbsup: ......................... just make sure you check your coolent hose clamp whike the filters are off ;)
The only reason I could see for removing the tank is to get to the undertank airbox that goes to the throttle bodies.

G

·
crazytank7 said:
How do you tighten the clamp on the rubber boot that holds the air filter pod? I took mine off but now i can not get to the screw because the front cylinder is in the way..Any thoughts or suggestions. ::)
I had my brother lift the tank up without disconnecting the gas line or the wiring. Then I removed the allen bolts that hold the air-cleaners to teh engine. Then I pulled the air-cleaners up and away from the engine until I could get a screwdriver on the screw to tigthen the clamp. I notitced one side was very loose from the factory.

·
Registered
849 Posts
The spark plug cover comes right off with a gentle tug and gives you more than enough room if you're talking about the bracket I think you're talking about on the boot off the air box. And no, you don't need to pull the tank to get the air cleaners off. It just takes removing the two screws, pulling out the pin on the right upper side of each filter, loosening the screw on the boot (again, pulling the plug cover gives you more room to operate) and removing them. It's about a 5-10 minute job.
Jer

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
YOU'LL NEED A LONG #2 PHILLIPS AND THEN SIMPLY PULL THE PLASTIC SPARKPLUG COVERS
OFF - THE LEFT SIDE COMES RIGHT OFF AND THE RIGHT SIDE WILL MOVE FAR ENOUGH FORWARD
TO GAIN ACCESS - TIGHTEN IT BY HOLDING SLIGHT PRESSURE UPWARD AND OUTWARD AND IT
WILL TIGHTEN NO PROBLEM - HOPE THIS HELPS, I'VE DONE MINE THIS WAY SEVERAL TIMES WITH
NO TROUBLE

GODZUKI

1 - 12 of 12 Posts