M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading some posts and some guys here are saying that the m109 gets up and boogies..... How fast have you had your bike? :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
110 in no time, still had plenty to go. I had to slow, was coming up on traffic....

No Mods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
You must understand that the 109 is restricted in stock form by Suzuki. So restricted top speed is 128mph on my GPS(which is about 141mph on the speedo). A simple derestrictor(which removes the artificially low rev limiter in top gear) allows the bike to fully rev out in top gear. So far I've recorded 142mph on my GPS. This was on a slight 2-3% uphill grade but with a light tail wind.I then repeated the same GPS reading in the opposite direction I did this on a 9/10ths run and the bike still was accelerating slowing when I shut it down. I'm guessing that about 148 mph on the GPS will be about it as peak horsepower begins to drop after 7000rpm . I cant give you speedo readings but the needle is well beyond the 150mph(end of gauge). I dont think minor mods will add much to this top speed as it takes a lot of HP to move a flying BRICK like the 109 through the air! BTW the bike is quite stable at these speeds...the only problem is hanging on to a cruiser at this speed and not adding unwanted steering input as the air rips at your sholders...not like my busa thats for sure!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
L-train just so you know 6900 rpm is right at 142 on the GPS. The final gear ratio in top gear is about 20.7 mph per 1000rpm...so 20.7 x6.9=142.83 mph. So we're right on cue with each other :bigthumbsup: WhaaaaHoo!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW! I HAVE TO SAY THAT IS FAST FOR A CRUISER.. I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO PICK MINE UP. NEXT WEEK IF ALL GOES WELL..... THANKS AND I WILL HAVE TO SEE WHAT MINE DOES OUT OF THE DEALERSHIP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
PLEASE,PLEASE, PLEASE get used to the bike for a while and be sure you're comfortable with the bike at speed before you try any top speed runs ::) I dont know you're experience level but unfaired bikes are a handful at high speeds due to the wind pressure being exerted on your shoulders/arms etc. This can lead to unwanted and dangerous steering inputs especially if you're new to the bike. Be careful man!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
ckouze said:
L-train just so you know 6900 rpm is right at 142 on the GPS. The final gear ratio in top gear is about 20.7 mph per 1000rpm...so 20.7 x6.9=142.83 mph. So we're right on cue with each other :bigthumbsup: WhaaaaHoo!
emmvanderpol sent this post indicating it was 149 on the gear ratio.

Maybe at a lower altitude I could get a hair more power but it stuck here and I couldn't get it past 6900. Felt stable to me as well.

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1656.0
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Today I hit 7100 rpm 5 gear,Debaffed and JSD mod also removed the mirrors.Bike seemed much stabler with the mirrors off.Went a long way but could not get anymore out of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
721 Posts
ckouze said:
PLEASE,PLEASE, PLEASE get used to the bike for a while and be sure you're comfortable with the bike at speed before you try any top speed runs ::) I dont know you're experience level but unfaired bikes are a handful at high speeds due to the wind pressure being exerted on your shoulders/arms etc. This can lead to unwanted and dangerous steering inputs especially if you're new to the bike. Be careful man!
Ditto!!!

Unwanted and Dangerous steering inputs!!!!.... Be very careful : )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
L-Train said:
emmvanderpol sent this post indicating it was 149 on the gear ratio.

Maybe at a lower altitude I could get a hair more power but it stuck here and I couldn't get it past 6900. Felt stable to me as well.

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1656.0
Have raced Laguna Seca, Willow Springs, Streets of Willow, Firebird and Vegas. Owned a 220 Rwhp Turbo CBR 1100XX before Suzuki even made the Busa. Used to regularly exceed 200 Mph.

I know that 140/150 on a cruiser is dangerous but I am as equipped to handle it as most.

Thanks for worrying about us though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
168 Posts
Speaking of experience and cautioning rookies to give themselves time and all that(28 years here),my Wife wants me to buy her a bike .She's 5'3" 110 lbs and never ridden much except dirt bikes with the kids. I'm thinkin' an M50 or S50 any beefs with those?Or other recommendations for a smaller rider?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
752 Posts
PretentiousBastage said:
Speaking of experience and cautioning rookies to give themselves time and all that(28 years here),my Wife wants me to buy her a bike .She's 5'3" 110 lbs and never ridden much except dirt bikes with the kids. I'm thinkin' an M50 or S50 any beefs with those?Or other recommendations for a smaller rider?
My wife is 5'4"

She learned on my XX. She rode a Ninja 600 and a Magna 750. She loved the magna, fast and small, she also rode the c50 back when it first came out and enjoyed it to.

If you can spring for it get her a V-Rod, it will kind of match your bike but is way small.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,343 Posts
I've had mine up tp 120 before any mods  :evil:

Had to get out of the throttle though cause the wind was trying to rip my helmet off my head....  :eek:

Amazingly enough she still felt like she had plenty left!  :bigthumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
53 Posts
120-125 with the tre mod,set valve removal,and debaffled stock pipes.Had more to go but was getting hard to see after that.Next time I will drag out my helmet and see where she stops.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top