M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really want to buy an aftermarket exhaust, like right now, but I am not familiar with the Cobra FI2000 system.  I am a Dynojet Power Commander type guy.  Does the bike run ok with an aftermarket exhaust and no change to the FI?

·
Registered
956 Posts
I had the Cobra FI unit on my C90 with HardKromes and had too much problems with it. Kept running too rich. Changed over to the Power Commander and it just runs sweet. So If and when I change the exhaust on my new 109, I will definitely stick with the power commander. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Can you datalog on the M109R in stock form? If so what do you need in the way of equipment? Will this reveal your current map? Does the M109R have a closed loop system on it now...oxygen censor? :read:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dragsters anf Fi2000r order this morning from DirectLine...I sure hope they get here before the weekend!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
I also have dragsters, Fi2000 and K&N's installed. It is hard to say right now since I just installed the pipes this evening, but I wich I would have gotten the Power Commander, and I think I will be selling my Fi2000 sometime soon and get the Power Commander. There are just too many variables and the lack of easily done fine tuning of the fuel system. Hopefully I can get the whole shebang dialed in right with what I got now.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Shoot man, I got mine set way high then, well 4, 4, and 6 respectively. I do have K&N's inststalled in the air intakes, so I am assuming that it will make for a higher setting than yours, but I am not sure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone have dyno results on the effects of eliminating the auto-back pressure do-hicky in the stock exhaust? (I think that's the official Suzuki name for it. hehe). I'm interested in how the torque is impacted by it's bypass/removal. Less torque? or does it just slide the RPM where peak torque is made? Would be interesting to see side by side peak torque and hp numbers and rpm where they are created of stock exhause, stock with baffles removed but backpressure, do-hicky still in place, and with aftermarket exhaust with do-hicky removed. Then, after looking over dyno numbers, looking at real work 1/4 mile times (or dyno 1/4 mile simulators) to see what really happens. Where the changes occur, etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts