M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Would like to see a few more pics before i make my decision on wheater i like it or not. its got to be really fast I know that much so far

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Like it! Would buy one! (probably the only other bike that would take the place of my 9)

No pricing.......looks expensive! Might do something different with the headlight though.

·
Registered
810 Posts
:drool:
I think it looks cool, might have to buy one as a second bike. Sounds like it may have some power!

The sketch if authentic confirms the Project 0803 nomenclature that print magazine Motorcycle News has been using and more importantly highlights the presence of the torquey 150bhp, Multistrada 1200 engine known as the testastretta 11º as Ducati News Today has postulated.
Also highlighted are Brembo monobloc calipers, trellis frame with traction control and ride by wire throttle. The claim of a 40º lean angle speaks to Ducati's desire to make even a power cruiser handle the occasional turn that it will encounter in its lifetime.
Any public reveal of the new model is likely to be at the 2010 EICMA Milan show this November 2-7th.

http://www.ducatinewstoday.com/2010/10/ducati-diavel-prototype-fully-revealed/

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Looks ALOT like the V-Rod, but I like it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
chain drive...i like that I'm not lubing chains all the time and getting the bike covered in grease and wax off the chain. looks cool, but don't know if that'll do it for me!

Pete

·
Registered
124 Posts
first thing i said to myself was, "Power cruiser, no. Powerful sport bike (w/high torque) most likely." Youd be sitting in almost the same position as a rocket. Idk maybe its just me... Looks nice though

·
Registered
124 Posts
first thing i said to myself was, "Power cruiser, no. Powerful sport bike (w/high torque) most likely." Youd be sitting in almost the same position as a rocket. Idk maybe its just me... Looks nice though
I retract my said statement lol, just seen a pic with someone on it.... still doesnt look all that comfortable.

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
Comes with a 300 rear tire? That is what it appears like to me anyhow. Its big whatever it is.
And they want it to have a 40 degree lean angle.
Not so sure about that one.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I would call it more of a standard bike than a cruiser due to the peg position but I kinda like it

·
Registered
5,844 Posts
I would call it more of a standard bike than a cruiser due to the peg position but I kinda like it
That is the one thing I would love to do to my 109. Love the bike and the performance, cannot really stand the foot position. I know there were pictures in the past of a turboed 109 with either standard or rear-set pegs. Wish someone would manufacture something like that, say RAASK. They were? the go to company for rear-sets, don't know if they are still around since so many bikes already come with them these days.:dontknow:

·
Registered
253 Posts
I was speaking with my local Ducati rep here on the weekend, specifically about this bike as I have been waiting for months to see and hear about it.

He had just come back from the unvail down in Florida somewhere, all reps were there apparently. He told me that it was going to be at the 160hp mark with the testastretta engine (they are tuning it for this bike) and that the rear tire is going to be a 240. There will be a standard red color scheme and also like the pics there is a black carbon fiber option.

Pricing in Canadian dollars is going to be around 18 to 20k for the standard with the carbon fiber option being a few thosand in addition to the standard. Of course I am sure that there will also be many other options and add ons available as well.

He told me that we will have one here for the bike show in February and the relase should be in mid May.

I can't wait to see one in person and have a seat on it, I hate to say it but it could be a replacement for the 9 if I fall in love yet again.

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
Looks like it would be a scary bike to pull up next to at a stop light:eek:.
I like the looks, but I would not consider anything with that seating position, and that kind of seat, a cruiser.
If I got one, I would call it a "Boulevard Basher":D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts