Registered
3,740 Posts

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126079

GAS TANK
1- remove the 12mm bolt
2- use a socket extension to hold the tank up while you unplug connectors -- 1 for the speedometer and 1 for the fuel pump. disconnect the fuel line by pinching the blue plastic connector and pull apart-- some gas will come out -- not much-- have a rag ready.
3- slide tank towards the back and up and off.
4- remove the screw on the plastic speedometer cover and slide off.
5- remove the 4 screws that hold the plastic speedometer cover on to the gauge.

(thanks Hink for the FAQ)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Run your tank almost empty of gas before removal so it's not so heavy.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts

There is only one screw that holds it down, that is the one under the seat. There are rubbers bumpers under the tank that may be helping hold it down. Just left it carefully. It will come off. Try pushing it forward as you lift it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i took off screw and try to left the tank and it seemed like something was holding on still
The left and right side covers attach to the tank and can keep it from coming off if I remember right in my old age.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
That is correct ! be easy with the fuel line clip . LOOK at the search section find some pictures to help . its a pretty easy job after the first time :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
Keep an eye on the rubber grommets that the tank sit on (number 7 in the pic above). They can travel a long way if they fall off.

Ask me how I know.....:confused:.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Just study the how to's mentioned prev. once you do it it' A piece of cake just installed f2000r this time I glued the round tank rubber's in place!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok the tank is off. Thanks for you help.

I am working on a custom job on my bike. Next week going to the fab shop. the factory light is gone.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Ok the tank is off. Thanks for you help.

I am working on a custom job on my bike. Next week going to the fab shop. the factory light is gone.
you're doing custom work but you can't figure out how to take the tank off?
I assume someone else is doing it for you....seems like they should have taken it off

1 - 17 of 17 Posts