M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any suggestions on how to remove burnt rubber from the exhaust? 

I finally got my wife to go for a ride and she ended up resting the heel of her boot on the exhaust
while riding and didn't realize until we got to our destiniation.

·
Registered
600 Posts
This happens every time the missus goes with me. All I've ever had to do was rub it down with some Turtle Wax Chrome Polish (a little elbow grease is needed, too) and it comes right off. A pair of passenger peg adapters would be real nice so I could put a different setup back there to keep her boots off the pipe.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Believe it or not, extremely fine steel wool works well also.
No it wont scratch. Got it from Walmart in a pack that has 3 different
grades of steel wool in plastic sleeve.

·
Registered
92 Posts
off bug spray!!!! we found it to work while in boot camp to get scuff marks off the baracks floor!!! no sh!t it works

·
Registered
267 Posts
call absolute cycles in Aberdeen, MD. They have this metal polish that removes rubber from chrome and it doesn't even require too much rubbing. Won't scratch the metal and can be used on all of the polished or chrome pieces. It's called Colonel ___________. Ask for Luke and he can help you.

·
Registered
253 Posts
bikeDreamer said:
Anyone have any suggestions on how to remove burnt rubber from the exhaust?Â
I think this is taking the love for the 109 a little bit too far hope you didnt burn your knob :redfaced:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions.  Carb cleaner did the trick.  The thinner sections just wiped right off, while the thicker stuff took some scrubbing.  Looks good as new. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts