M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I LIKE THIS AIR INTAKE ALOT I THINK THIS WOULD LOOK MEAN ON A M109. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
it is different would like to see up close hard to see alot in a picture but from what i can see it looks great

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Ok guess that answer my question hey thanx yea it looks very cool and really looks good on the VTX i just hope my mom dont see it than she be wanting one for her 1800 :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
241 Posts
That's a Proton 4 (P4) made by a VTX Rider named German Pete.  Very limited production due to manufacturing problems.  I have one on my other bike - a 2003 Candy Red VTX1800C and I love mine.

Carl (VTX1652 on the VTX Board)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that thing looks smokin . hope someone makes somthing likt that for the 109

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
looks sharp

·
Registered
525 Posts
That F model looks great. :bigthumbsup:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
that's what i'm talkin about. love the way it kinda matches the pipes. One question, what about weight. Will all that billet weight on both sides of the bike may negate the effects of having the intake?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I much prefer that to the others I've seen. I would like to see one big scoop instead of the two you show. Remove the bump in the center. Also like the hypercharger look on the niner.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As I understand it German Pete has a patent on the design and there is a legal cloud surrounding the rights. Over on the VTX board everyone is predicting that this design may never be produced again. As was posted earlier, 100 were made and sold. Some of those 100 were sent to a VTX board member who does chroming and some of them were left billet. They do look outstanding and I wish I had one for my VTX.

Price tag was outrageous when they were made--around $600. Don't waste too much time waiting on this mod. Chances are it will never happen.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts