M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you keep people from sitting on your 109, or any bike for that matter, when you're not around. I frequenty get back to mine, only to find someone had been sitting on it.
I know this, because I park near a painted white wall. From time to time, I see new marks on the wall where someone's shoe hit it while swinging their leg over to have a seat on my 109.
You don't open up a car door and sit in a car to check it out. You shouldn't sit on someone elses ride, unless invited.
I admit, no real harm from sitting on it can come, however what if some goof drops it, do you think they'll stick around to let you know....
I want some creative way to stop people from sitting on it, when I'm not around. Something I can do or keep with me, that doesn't take up much room.
Anyone have thoughts.

·
Registered
387 Posts
A guy at work slung his leg over mine, enabled the start switch, turned the key and started it, rev'ed it up shut it off and got off. Nice bike...it must be fast. I was pretty surprized at the whole thing but we are pretty good friends. JOHN

G

·
I seem to remember reading about an alarm system with a "pressure" pad you put in/under the seat. When someone sits on it the pressure sets off the alarm. Check into that!! I can't image the nerve of someone throwing their leg over a bike thats not their's....except at a dealer of course!! I hope I never find someone kicking their leg over my 9....there will be hell to pay!! :evil:

·
Registered
250 Posts
There used to be an effective sticker around that you could put on your bike that went:
"If you value your life as much as I value this motorcycle, DON'T F&#K WITH IT!"

- Polartek

·
Registered
411 Posts
1. people here just don´t do stupid sh*t like that.
2. Nürnberg is a pretty good size city and I have the only silver registered to date. (here in Nürnberg) There are 3 black ones registert here though. (Burple was not offered over here) I am pretty well known and my nickname also describes my temper maybe that is the second reason they wouldn´t sit on my bike ;)

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AttackPug said:
A COVER ????
A cover would work, however I use the bike every day, a cover would be too much work. I was thinking spikes strapped to the seat.....

·
Registered
775 Posts
guess i'm lucky; i live in an area where people just don't do that sort of crap. guys around here would break your legs for sitting on their bikes; and most people know it.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Canuk said:
I admit, no real harm from sitting on it can come,
Until the person doesn't know or can't throw their leg to the rear to get over the seat, and instead try to bend their knee and lift their foot over the tank. Almost always this is gonna end up with their shoe dragging across the tank. Depending on their footwear, it could result in a minor scuff to an actual scrape in the paint.

·
Registered
44 Posts
would be my guess that if they sat on it they probably
     picked it upright. in that case the Mercury switch that the
       gorilla alarm system comes with would fix that. :cop: :cop: :cop::

·
Registered
244 Posts
I was in NY a couple of weeks ago at the Concrete Canyon Run and everyone left their bikes parked in a roped off area with supposely guards watching the bikes. The next day I found that someone had sit on my bike and evidently leaned over and it looked like they a belt buckle on and scratched the crap out of my tank. Finally got my buddy at Ron Ayers Motorsports to buff it out yesterday and did a great job. Can't tell it now but that really pi$$ed me off. Stayed in NY for 5 days and the rest of the time I just put it in our trailer. Something about these bikes that people just can't keep their hands off them when u are not around...

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've never thought about it, and wouldn't think people would do it here in East Texas, but when you're not around you have NO idea what people do!

I just hope no pip squeak kid tries it and ends up dropping the bike on himself, I could just see that turning into a frivolous law suit

·
Registered
666 Posts
all i do is leave a one of those fake dog poop's on the seat  :bigthumbsup: :D

best alarm EVER!!!

fits in your inside jacket  pocket

cost $1.50

works great!!

8)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
the answer to your problem is a scorpio alarm with a perimeter sensor and a pager. and as for no real harm coming from it, it can. some people don't know anything about bikes, and could very easilly scratch it or knock it off the stand.

i've never seen anyone sitting on it, but if i did, they'd end up in the hospital for their trouble.

·
Registered
34 Posts
DUDE.....ive never heard of anyone stupid enough to just sit on someone elses bike. are you sure? i tell ya i work out at the gym five days a week cuz im a hot head and if i saw someone sitting on the m109 im about to buy i would do a superman launch straight at them and put them in the hospital.

thats INSANE.

you dont screw with other peoples bikes....cars....its been done...other guys women...happens all the time...but your bike? thats sacriligious.

no joke id go psycho on them

·
Registered
665 Posts
Most of the people that sit on bikes while the owner is away,are non bikers. About any biker will ask if they can sit on the bike,if your around. :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
phaed is correct. I had the same problem at my work the first week that I had my bike. I installed the scorpio alarm with a perimeter sensor and a pager. After lunch that day my boss was going to show off my bike to his buddies and when he go 3 feet away from the bike the alarm chirps loudly at him. He was puzzled and thought " I sat on it the other day" so he go closer and the alarm goes off and send me a page. I look out the door only to see him on the ground cause he tripped trying to get back so quickly. :p :p The alarm is the peace of mind and a few laughs ! Heck you can even leave the key in it and with alarm activated and someone turns the key on the alarm goes off. It have a perimeter , tilt , shock and High jack features.
You can't go wrong.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
How about a sign you can carry in your pocket, when you leave the bike, you unfold it, stick it on the seat, and have it say something like.....

"THE OWNER OF THIS BIKE DOES NOT WANT ANYONE SITTING ON IT WITHOUT HIS PERMISSION, ANYONE DOING SO, WILL HAVE THEIR HEAD KICKED IN".

that seems fair enough to me.

I also like this oldy....
"YOU TOUCHA THIS BIKE, I BREAKA YOU FACE"

Does anyone else have any ideas on what their sign would say ?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts