M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
hair dryer, get them nice and warm, peel them off and use goo gone for any residual glue. Use a soft micro fiber or terry cloth towel. That's how I did mine.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
I used a chisel and small hammer, then some bondo to fill the holes, waxed it and it turned out nice!!! :joke:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
You can use goof off or goo gone for the tank stickers but not on the plastic!

·
Registered
16,260 Posts
I did not know that. Looked at my GOO GONE container and it does not say not to use on plastic :dontknow:
I used on the rear fender where it said Suzuki, didn't have any issues.:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Didn't try goo gone but tested goof off before use and it messed up the plastic

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
have you tryed sandpager or Emory Board :a18:

You have got a LOT Of your mods done already !!

That seat Looks Great , :congrats:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
simply let my beast under the sun for some minutes, and remove gently, no problem .... and yes, did someone told you ... wax !!!!! :D

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
hair dryer, get them nice and warm, peel them off and use goo gone for any residual glue. Use a soft micro fiber or terry cloth towel. That's how I did mine.
:agree: but I used a heat gun. Just make sure that your fuel level is low. Don't ask me how I know. :redfaced::doh:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
:agree: but I used a heat gun. Just make sure that your fuel level is low. Don't ask me how I know. :redfaced::doh: :a20::a20::a20::a18: I would liked to have seen that one Ryan ! :hot:

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
:agree: but I used a heat gun. Just make sure that your fuel level is low. Don't ask me how I know. :redfaced::doh:
What could happen when the fuel level is higher than recommended? I would think that it won't allow the sticker to properly heat up for removal, but is there any chance that this could also ignite the gas inside the tank? Did you almost blow up your tank Ryan? That would definitely be a scary moment:nojoke:.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts