M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
If your talking about when it actually starts to pull on the cable, slide the rubber boot to the side. There will be a locking nut on a bolt that turns into the part that holds the lever. Loosen the locking nut then you can turn the screw in or out to get the affect you want. Turn it out to have the clutch engage earlier and in to pull the lever back further before it engages. Rember to turn the locking nut tight again. Hope this is what you were looking for.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, But I want to adjust The foot gear shifter as my boot keeps getting caught under top of it?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
is that the same way to adjust the rear brake lamonster? i saw people talking about "moving it forward/down a notch or two". i don't see any notches. are they just using that as a figure of speech?

·
Registered
849 Posts
There are splines on the rear brake lever also and the lever can be removed and rotated forward a tad to lower the pedal. Be careful when relocating that you don't move it so far that the foot meg mounting plate interferes with brake operation.
Jerbear

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
ah, thx

·
Registered
757 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I found it useful today. I needed to move my shift lever up cause I wear work boots while riding and I want to keep my foot at a natural angle under the shifter. Once you remove the shiny plastic cover, it's easy to remove the lever with splines on it. mine was exactly vertical before I adjusted it. moved it one spline forward and then sat on it. No maybe one more.... great! Oh but wait, now it kinda binds a little when up-shifting. The angle between the linkage and splined arm is now too much so I moved back one and loosened the jam nuts on the linkage. You can turn the linkage one way to make it longer and the other way to shorten it,(raising and lowering the shifter). however make sure there is at least (1 1/2 x diameter) of the shifter linkage still threaded into each um...what u call those things? uhhh ball joint ends with rubber boots on them. That way it won't fall apart while your riding down the road. also make sure the ball ends are even or not one twisted one way and the other twisted in the other direction cause they might bind a little. Anyway I'm just an amateur. :doorag:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts