M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be damned if i can figure out how to do it. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be good.

I figured the rears easy enough.
Thanks
Dan.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
Look under the big chrome pieces that the lights attach to. You'll see a phillips bolt head on each side. The bolt screws into the base of the indicator, so once you remove the bolt the light just pulls out.

You'll need to remove the headlight to unplug the lights.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look under the big chrome pieces that the lights attach to. You'll see a phillips bolt head on each side. The bolt screws into the base of the indicator, so once you remove the bolt the light just pulls out.

You'll need to remove the headlight to unplug the lights.
That's what I thought but I have tried to undo them and DAMN they are in tight. I'm 6'6 and 120kg so no problem in the strength department but I'm bordering on rounding the inside of those if I try to hard.

What else can I do??

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
Sometimes they fall out on their own, you got lucky and got the tight ones. :D

Mine came out with average force but some have had to use an impact hammer to remove them. Be careful with them as they are fairly soft.

Since they are large, you might try using a flat screwdriver in the slots and putting a small crescent wrench on the screwdriver for some leverage.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sometimes they fall out on their own, you got lucky and got the tight ones. :D

Mine came out with average force but some have had to use an impact hammer to remove them. Be careful with them as they are fairly soft.

Since they are large, you might try using a flat screwdriver in the slots and putting a small crescent wrench on the screwdriver for some leverage.
Yeah I'm gonna have to get an impact driver and see how that goes. Failing that, I'll drill the bastards out :)

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Yeah I'm gonna have to get an impact driver and see how that goes. Failing that, I'll drill the bastards out :)
A drill bit and an "easy-Out" will go a long way here.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Get a little torch lighter and put some heat on them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cheers for the feed back guys. Glad to see I wasn't the only one having dramas with those bloody screws. Anyway, I bought myself an impact driver/screwdriver and hammered the **** out of it and I managed to get them out. Now I just have to install my rear LED and put in the new relay and hopefully they work first time round. Would be kind of embarrassing if I connected up the wires the wrong way.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Just make a note guys and save yourselves alot of headaches. Anything that has loctite on it needs to be heated up. Try to take off your helmet lock that uses a security bit, youll never get it off without heating it up. Go out and buy yourself a micro torch light. Even a good heater soldering iron can get the job done.

G

·
Just make a note guys and save yourselves alot of headaches. Anything that has loctite on it needs to be heated up. Try to take off your helmet lock that uses a security bit, youll never get it off without heating it up. Go out and buy yourself a micro torch light. Even a good heater soldering iron can get the job done.
Removed my helmet lock without even needing the bit. Took the one non-security bolt off from the front, bent the bracket, and spun it from the rear. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts