M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm told it goes where the 14mm hex bolt is in front of the axel, but I am mechanically illiterate. Does that bolt have any purpose that I'd mess with by removing. How would this side mount bolt on (there's two separate washer/nut pieces on the bolt that connect to the side mount bolt)?

Sorry for the stupid questions, but like I said, I'm not mechanically inclined and their wasn't mounting instructions.

http://xchoppers.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=189&products_id=2029

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Make sure that the bolt is loose, the side withthe rubber washer goes inside the hole in your axle, once you have it in you tighten the bolt and the rubber washer is smashed outward thus gripping the inside of the axle:bigthumbsup:

G

·
Got one on my bike, easy peezy. But you gotta get it tight, otherwise it will try to back off on ya. Clean the o ring with alcohol or brake cleaner first to get the best grip.

Keep in mind, where your axle "hex" is oriented. You may need to tighten and or loosen the axle just a tad to get the plate to a viewable angle.

The holder locates off that hex.

If you don't already have one, Armstrong 39-724 19mm hex bit for 1/2" drive is the sh it, over that multi tool thingy for the axle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts