M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone else has thought of lowering the passenger pegs. I was thinking about putting on some Cobra Dragsters and then lowering the pegs. Would also put on one of those new gel seats with a backrest for some more passenger comfort. So, how do I lower the passenger pegs?

·
Registered
379 Posts
I thought about lowering the passenger pegs also. But my reason is so I can rest my own feet on them while cruising. I've rested my feet like that on most of my other bike. I found it to be very confortable. But the pegs on the M109R are way to high.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Kuryakin has something that will do it. Check direct line above to see if they have them. You might need to use new pegs though.

Sledzep

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Bluecruzer said:
or you could let air out of the rear tire :D
I know it was a joke, but lowering tire pressure does nothing to the pegs position in relation to the seat.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I lowered the left peg by using 3/16" S.S. plate. I just cut a plate about 1/4" larger than the width of the current holes for the peg, and lowered it about 3-4 inches. I drilled the holes for the peg and where it mounted on the bike. I had to trim the plastic cover alot so it would mount properly to the frame. I painted the bracket black (you can not see much of the bracket because of the cover). This made my wife much happier. I just need to get some pipes to lower the other side.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Medic1210 said:
I know it was a joke, but lowering tire pressure does nothing to the pegs position in relation to the seat.
You're right... closer to the ground is all... but the joke made me think further...

What if you got a seat cover and installed foam under it (i.e. raising the passenger up)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think this could get expensive. Thicker seat with sissy bar; new pipes; some sort of extension. Those three things would make it nice and comfy for the passenger. I will check into Kuryakyn, and keep my eyes open for what comes out on the market and whatever some garage genius fabricates. Thank you for the replies.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts