M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
there is a post that i read and used ... bought a mustard dispenser like they use in restrants sell at walmart for a couple bucks.... put your antifreze in there and spuart it up the overflow hose .... it sticks down just behind the radiator under the bike..... works great but wear gloves will leak out a little on your hands.....:bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
Also do not forget to push a little water up the hose a little bit (not enough to go in the reserve) but to clean out the grim in the hose.

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
I just got my fingers in behind the shroud and removed the cap off of the overflow tank. Put some anti-freeze in a 5 ounce syringe I bought at Pep Boys and squirted it roght on in there. Then put the cap back on with my big old fingers.

No Problemo!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I just got my fingers in behind the shroud and removed the cap off of the overflow tank. Put some anti-freeze in a 5 ounce syringe I bought at Pep Boys and squirted it roght on in there. Then put the cap back on with my big old fingers.

No Problemo!
Thats sounds like a good idea.

My coolant level is right at the low level mark when the bike is cold and when I'm sitting on it level. Should it be at the full level mark in this condition?

Also did you do 1/2 coolant & 1/2 distilled water per the manual's instruction?

·
Registered
711 Posts
Thats sounds like a good idea.

My coolant level is right at the low level mark when the bike is cold and when I'm sitting on it level. Should it be at the full level mark in this condition?

Also did you do 1/2 coolant & 1/2 distilled water per the manual's instruction?
My coolant level sits at the full mark when cold and 1.5-2" above that when the bike is all warmed up.

I'm a fan of reaching behind the shroud and finessing the cap off of the reservoir rather than adding through the overflow tube. I then add coolant using an ear syringe and a section of clear tubing.

I've only added Suzuki pre-mixed coolant to the bike using this method, and haven't found it necessary to do so more than a couple of times over the course of 18,000 miles.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Go out and get one of these

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I have had the body panels off my bike so much it really isn't that big of a deal to pull the radiator shroud a little bit forward and make more room to add more.

Nathan, as long as it is pre-mixed coolant, you don't have to do the distilled water thing. Engine Ice is supposed to be the best stuff if you can find it.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I have had the body panels off my bike so much it really isn't that big of a deal to pull the radiator shroud a little bit forward and make more room to add more.

Nathan, as long as it is pre-mixed coolant, you don't have to do the distilled water thing. Engine Ice is supposed to be the best stuff if you can find it.
Engine ice isnt hard to find. Most shops carry it instock.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Unfortunately, SOME of us live in the boon-docks and/or their local shops have gone under. :bigthumbsup:
parts unlimited/drag carriers it, call up Hal and ask him. Im sure he can order it up. Should be about $20 a bottle. Youll need 2 bottles, All of one and like a 1/4-1/3 of another bottle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I used Badboy109,s way & it worked for me. This was my sons bike, He passed away in a wreck 12-20-2009. So i know very little on a 109. But the guys here have helped me alot. And I thank then very much for there support. Very good people here.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Ok :bigthumbsup:

My coolant level sits at the full mark when cold and 1.5-2" above that when the bike is all warmed up.

I'm a fan of reaching behind the shroud and finessing the cap off of the reservoir rather than adding through the overflow tube. I then add coolant using an ear syringe and a section of clear tubing.
Ok Thanks! I'll top mine off tonight with this method. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts