M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got me a little oil Blow :( When i bought the bike the oil was fine,then i took it for the 600 service and When i checked it my way it looked a little fuller than when i got it new!
My way is to check it dead cold on the side stand,when you put the stick in NOT threaded But just like the book just set it in,I always get Just a drop on the end and i mean the very end,not up on it!
anyway I went to Jacksonville then to Kingsland Georgia and back to my house about 100 miles, on 95 I was running around 90 and as high as 100 at times when i got home i looked down and there was oil just like the picture Lemonster posted on the side cover behind the Key,Thanks to Lemonster I knew just what i was looking at :verymad: it wasn't real bad but it was oil for sure,i pulled that cap off the hose were stuff settles and the plug it's self was full but none ran out the hose,My question is is this Bad enough to have to take the air box off or does it sound like they Just barely over did it?
I'm not sure if it's enough to even worry about ,I'm going to check it again after it cools off and see what it looks like. what do you guy's think? thanks for any reply Later Silentrider :(

·
Registered
775 Posts
i think i would take the at least open the air box to see if it needs to be cleaned and that the air filter is still clear. i would probably check the oil the way it's supposed to be checked, just to make sure.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Walker I was going to pull it off when my JSD came in ,which should be any day now> I was just wondering if it sounded bad to ya'll
I feel like they just over did it by a little :(
I'll check it by the book tomorrow when i get home from work,Thanks :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you been running up and down the road like i was and stopped How long do ya think it would have to set before you shut it off for the three minutes before checking ?
I would think there 15 Minute run time is to bring the motor up to temp mostly!

·
Registered
775 Posts
start counting the 3 minutes when you shut it off. the 15 minutes is to bring up to run temp and displace the oil to everywhere it needs to be. same reason you should let bike warm up 15 minutes before reving the engine or riding it each morning. remember to set the bike up straight when you shut it down.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
THANKS JR :bigthumbsup: I,ll get with you on that,And I REALLY appreciate the Offer, :bigthumbsup: :doorag: Silentrider

1 - 7 of 7 Posts