M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post is directed at those who don't yet own a 109, as well as letting me vent a bit.
  I'm currently on active duty stationed overseas (no 109's here) and this site is making me want a "beast" so bad I can taste it.  Actually dreamt about cruisin' over to my bro's house on one last night (which in turn is why I needed to vent).  Since being in the Military for the past 19 and half years, I was planning on gettin' a HD NightRod when I retire early next year through the Overseas Military Sales program (advertised as a great deal... around 16K out the door) where they supposedly have the Harley waiting for you at your point of debarkation.  So, my retirement present has been in the works since I saw the N-Rod a while back. 
  However, a few months ago I was on leave in Central, FL and my Bro told me about Bike Night at this new joint called Quaker Steak & Lube (been a few years since I've been back).  So, jumped on the Bro's old Shadow and we went to hit the spot.  Hundreds of bikes, a really good atmosphere, and me scopin' out the Rods to possibly get some good ideas for that upcoming present I've promised myself.  As you can likely see where this is goin'.... that all changed when I stumbled upon a Beast sittin' in the corner.  It was de-badged so I had ask my knowledgable Bro what bike was almost actually makin' me get wood.  Once he told me it was the new Suzuki, the research ops began.  Found the site a couple months ago and became a member last month.  This is a great site... really smart dudes coupled with literally hundreds of years of experience & respect, it's destined to only get better.
  Hopefully I'll become a "true" member in a little over six mos, basically countin' the days.  So to those of you who ain't got one yet, how bad do you really want a 109?  And to those of you who already have the luxury, enjoy and ride safe.

p.s.  Thanx for lettin' me get that out... feel much better now... but won't be cured for about 196 (give or take a few) days!  Cheers!   :beer2:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
K_man said:
This post is directed at those who don't yet own a 109, as well as letting me vent a bit.
 I'm currently on active duty stationed overseas (no 109's here) and this site is making me want a "beast" so bad I can taste it. Actually dreamt about cruisin' over to my bro's house on one last night (which in turn is why I needed to vent). Since being in the Military for the past 19 and half years, I was planning on gettin' a HD NightRod when I retire early next year through the Overseas Military Sales program (advertised as a great deal... around 16K out the door) where they supposedly have the Harley waiting for you at your point of debarkation. So, my retirement present has been in the works since I saw the N-Rod a while back.Â
 However, a few months ago I was on leave in Central, FL and my Bro told me about Bike Night at this new joint called Quaker Steak & Lube (been a few years since I've been back). So, jumped on the Bro's old Shadow and we went to hit the spot. Hundreds of bikes, a really good atmosphere, and me scopin' out the Rods to possibly get some good ideas for that upcoming present I've promised myself. As you can likely see where this is goin'.... that all changed when I stumbled upon a Beast sittin' in the corner. It was de-badged so I had ask my knowledgable Bro what bike was almost actually makin' me get wood. Once he told me it was the new Suzuki, the research ops began. Found the site a couple months ago and became a member last month. This is a great site... really smart dudes coupled with literally hundreds of years of experience & respect, it's destined to only get better.
 Hopefully I'll become a "true" member in a little over six mos, basically countin' the days. So to those of you who ain't got one yet, how bad do you really want a 109? And to those of you who already have the luxury, enjoy and ride safe.

p.s. Thanx for lettin' me get that out... feel much better now... but won't be cured for about 196 (give or take a few) days! Cheers!  :beer2:
Hey! I feel your pain. I am on the road right now and can't ride my 109 and can't wait to get back home. Next time you are in the Tampa area let me know. I take my 109 down to QSL all the time. I now have a 2nd 109 that I use for my paint exchange program and would be happy to let you ride one down to QSL.

It is much nicer riding your own! By the way the first time I took this to QSL it was pulled up for bike of the night and they don't get a few houndred bikes there, they get between 1500 and 2000 bikes there every week.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Welcome to the board!

Like you described, when you first lay eyes on the 109 you jaw tends to drop and you get this sh_t eating grin that doesn't go away.....I've got just over 4k on my Silver 109 and the grin keeps growing :D :D :D

You will never regret your choice in picking the "Zuki Bad Boy".....and that it is!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanx. Knew more than a few out there could relate to both being awestruck when first layin' eyes on M109R, as well as the pain of having to wait to get one.

Not sure when I'll get back to Tampa again but when I do, I'll definitely post-up in the FL chapter to see if any 109rider.com alumn can link up.

BTW, how do I get an Avatar/Pic to show up on the post? I went to Profile / Modify Profile / Forum Profile Information. Clicked the upload pic, browsed and found the one I wanted (as well as added personal and signature text) however, nothing seems to happen. I only have a "Change Profile" button on the bottom (no add or update?) and when I hit that, it seems to erase everything I did? What am I doing wrong? and be gentle, I already feel like an idiot after checkin the HELP menu several times and still not gettin' it? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, Over.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Wish I could help you with the posting pics but I lack the skills at this time. Check with Lamont, he's the man when it comes to pics etc.

·
Registered
702 Posts
welcome to the board.

Keeps your interest high, get your m109 fix right here, 24-7 :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Wow... my exact scenario here (except for the military part).

Had an actual cash deposit on a denim black Night Rod with chrome engine cover and security system. Saw the M109R one day, and later that same day I was in the owner's office at the HD dealer wrangling to get my deposit back (which I did).

M109 was mine 5 days later -- with the added benefit of owning her outright instead of having to finance the HD AND sell my other Boulevard myself, which the HD dealer refused to accept in trade.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I had a deposit on a new VTX with the intentions of going on Monday to pick it up. I saw the 109 on Sunday. Monday I went straight to Honda, got my money back, and headed to the Suzuki dealer. 2 hours later I was cruising my 109 down the freeway!!!!

I know what your going through, I could not sleep that Sunday night before getting the bike.

·
Registered
629 Posts
How bad do I want it? :dontknow: Have you ever fallen in Love with a woman on first site only to find out shes taken? :(

Know exatly what you are talking about almost getting wood. Had the same thing happen to me when I had my
first test sit. :redfaced:Unfortunatly I have`nt been able to do more. I am just dieing to ride it.

This is simple the bike I have been looking for all my life. :bigthumbsup: Cruiser with power without end. Big, fat, beutiful. sleek ,stylish just simply amazing.

I get sweety palms every time i see a picture and start to drool. I have simply got to have this bike.
I think I wil probably go crazy before i have the cash to get one unfortunatly
. if it would be tomorow i might be able to hold out but that`s not happening.
Oh man i have got to have this bike. It is simply the most amazing bike I have ever seen. and it comes stock that way I can`t believe it: I HAVE GOT TO HAVE THIS BIKE.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Can I cry? :) Actually, all I need to do is sell my house, and houses are selling faster than you can believe around here in my price range. Unfortunately, you have to put some prep time in before selling a house, and that time seems hard to come by right now! Once the sale is finalized I'm off to the Suzuki dealership......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts