M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know how they gave out the prizes for the various aircraft to achieve certain goals?

How about if we start the "Direct Line Prize" ?  A $1,000 cash payment for the first Suzuki M109 to dyno at 140 rwhp without any internal engine mods other than head work, no turbos, no NOS, no superchargers, must be pump fuel, stock fuel pump and injectors.  And it would need to be our dyno that we pick to do it on.

Bike must be ridden at least 50 miles prior to the dyno runs. No work on bike once the bike starts the 50 mile ride and arrives at the dyno.

What do you think?  Any takers?  I am serious!

·
Registered
817 Posts
HalGreenlee said:
You know how they gave out the prizes for the various aircraft to achieve certain goals?

How about if we start the "Direct Line Prize" ? A $1,000 cash payment for the first Suzuki M109 to dyno at 140 rwhp without any internal engine mods other than head work, no turbos, no NOS, no superchargers. And it would need to be our dyno that we pick to do it on.

What do you think? Any takers? I am serious!
I might, but how far away is your dyno?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would need to be a Dyno that we select. We would try to accomodate the person if he looks like he has potential and has already had a Dyno done somewhere else. Lamont and I could hook up with you someplace.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I would go for that. Now Hal, you need to publish a list of parts you recomend for our 140 rwhp.

Problem is no power commander yet, no 2 into 1, no air filters.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
L-Train said:
I would go for that. Now Hal, you need to publish a list of parts you recomend for our 140 rwhp.

Problem is no power commander yet, no 2 into 1, no air filters.
First, I wouldn't expect it to happen today. And to be the first you need to be out on the bleeding edge where no man will have been. Store bought stuff probably isn't gonna get it done.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I was $12,500 out the door and had my wife (who is an accountant) convinced that I was spending $15,000. Now the longer it takes me to spend the $2,500 on mods the harder it will be.

I am just bellyaching and hoping for my mods as quick as I can get them. :D

·
Registered
752 Posts
Your right Hal. Looks like I won't be winning that 140 but will be following the advice of whoever does.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Your right Hal. Looks like I won't be winning that 140 but will be following the advice of whoever does.
ditto

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
J R said:
You also didnt mention mixing the nitro with wax and laying it in the intake track for it to melt and get past your tec guy :D
J R, you know just enough to make you very dangerous. I want you on my team!

·
Registered
78 Posts
HalGreenlee said:

How about if we start the "Direct Line Prize" ? A $1,000 cash payment for the first Suzuki M109 to dyno at 140 rwhp without any internal engine mods other than head work, no turbos, no NOS, no superchargers, must be pump fuel, stock fuel pump and injectors. And it would need to be our dyno that we pick to do it on.

Bike must be ridden at least 50 miles prior to the dyno runs. No work on bike once the bike starts the 50 mile ride and arrives at the dyno.

What do you think? Any takers? I am serious!
Hmmmm up to 140 rwhp from the stock 108rwhp with no engine mods. I think you guys are being way to optimistic on the gains you are gonna get from a pipe and a some air filters. The 50 mile requirement will also heat up the engine good and suck some more HP off the dyno run. I will say someone will get to 125 with a new pipes, filters, and a WELL DONE map from a Power Commander. 140, no way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
muahman said:
Hmmmm up to 140 rwhp from the stock 108rwhp with no engine mods. I think you guys are being way to optimistic on the gains you are gonna get from a pipe and a some air filters. The 50 mile requirement will also heat up the engine good and suck some more HP off the dyno run. I will say someone will get to 125 with a new pipes, filters, and a WELL DONE map from a Power Commander. 140, no way.
You may not have seen this dyno chart. They got 122HP just by taking the air box covers off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts