M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it might be a nice thing to get a GA charity ride up for the holidays. It could be an all Suzuki ride, cruisers and sport bikes. That could get a good turn out and possibly raise a nice donation for a worthy charity. Possibly in early December. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
another option would be for us to attend one that's already in place, there are usually a few. either way, i'd be game as long as my bike is together. my pipes will be back and on, but i'm also slotted for paint here pretty soon.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
phaed said:
another option would be for us to attend one that's already in place, there are usually a few. either way, i'd be game as long as my bike is together. my pipes will be back and on, but i'm also slotted for paint here pretty soon.
If someone finds a great charity ride before we can set one up, let's go on and do that. No reason to reinvent the wheel. I'll start giving this more thought for one of our own.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
there's some biker catalogue in georgia that lists all the activities going on state wide. they had them at chattahoochie harley dealer in columbus. not sure if i'll be able to find one here in augusta. anyone know the one i'm talking about and have access to it?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If we don't get something up ourselves, the rides in the link Sled posted on either Dec 2 or 16th both look like worthy events. It's been very busy at work, but I'm going to try and see about possibilites for a ride we might organize ourselves. If we can get something together for ourselves, I'd like to try and raise some donations for Eggleston's Childrens Hospital. I've had some interaction with them over the years and they are a very worthy cause ... they do amazing things for children with physical needs.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Way too late to set up a charity ride. Especially with me procrastinating. This Conyers ride looks like it might be worth doing.

December 2, 2006 Conyers, Georgia
16th Annual Conyers Toy Ride Sponsored by Conyers Riding Association
The toy run is starting from the Target store on Ga. Hwy 20 in Conyers. Riders meet at 9:30 am and the ride leaves at 11:00 am. Admission is one new unwrapped toy or $10 per person. All donations will be going to Rockdale Emergency Relief. Ride will end with door prizes and lunch for those that have donated gifts. For more information call (770) 787-2868 or (770) 388-0503.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts