M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished this up and thought I would seek some feedback? This is House of Kolor candy red but for some reason my digital camera is making it look kind of orange but it really is a deep candy over gold flake, graphite ghost flames and white flames all over the Honda red.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Niiiiiice work man :bigthumbsup: My only comment, and it's purely my own preference, is that I like the filled in flames better rather than dark around the edges look. Does that make sense?

here's a pic of a buddy's guitar that i flamed for him.
you can see the solid flames look better. of course this is a different look than what you were doing with the ghost look.

I need some tips on the candy thing. Never tried to do one yet. I've done a lot of ghost stuff with pearls, but never with a candy yet.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BlkM109r said:
Niiiiiice work man :bigthumbsup: My only comment, and it's purely my own preference, is that I like the filled in flames better rather than dark around the edges look. Does that make sense?

here's a pic of a buddy's guitar that i flamed for him.
you can see the solid flames look better. of course this is a different look than what you were doing with the ghost look.

I need some tips on the candy thing. Never tried to do one yet. I've done a lot of ghost stuff with pearls, but never with a candy yet.
Your flames look good. I did this set for a guy and did white flames over the stock honda candy red. I had done another set that I was goind to sell and he liked it better and I took this one back on trade and sold him the other set. I felt like the white flames were a little to plain so I added the ghost flames. If I did them solid it would have taken away from the white flames.

Kandy takes some practice buy if you use the right technique you won't have any problem. I keep seperate guns for kandy and clears and do pearls and flakes in another gun.

·
Registered
898 Posts
vtxoak,

great job :bigthumbsup:

did you use to or maybe still do .. post on the R* forum?

I think I remember seeing some of your work on there.... been awhile I may be corn-fused :D

khrome

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
khrome13 said:
vtxoak,

great job :bigthumbsup:

did you use to or maybe still do .. post on the R* forum?

I think I remember seeing some of your work on there.... been awhile I may be corn-fused :D

khrome
Help me out what is the r forum?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! :clap2: :clap2: :beer3:

I'll be in touch w/ you this winter! :bigthumbsup:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
i was always worried about getting an even coat on the candy. If you get it heavier in some areas won't it be less translucent?
what kind of guns do you prefer?...if you don't mind me asking

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BlkM109r said:
i was always worried about getting an even coat on the candy. If you get it heavier in some areas won't it be less translucent?
what kind of guns do you prefer?...if you don't mind me asking
75% overlap and start light. Candies get darker with each coat, that is the beauty of working with them. They are expecially great when airbrushing. As for guns it depends on what you are painting, cars, bikes, helmets.

The best thing you could do is start going to the airbrush action getaways and take some courses. The great thing is you are working side by side with some of the best painters in the country. Check out airbrushaction.com I just got back from Charolette and will be going to Vegas in September.

·
Registered
961 Posts
What would be the cost for a paint job like that?

Cormierone

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cormierone said:
What would be the cost for a paint job like that?

Cormierone
Are you thinking of doing the 109? Send me a message with your number and we can talk. There is a little more work involved with all the 109 parts and while you are it we should paint the plastic piece below the side cover and the piece between the radiator.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lostrider said:
Oak, you are the man with paint...I think you are going to be very busy this winter....COUNT ME IN
I am buys now have 3 sets working and setting up my schedule for the next couple of months. Remember in Florida the summer rainy season is like the winter for the rest of you. The only difference is I get to ride at night after the afternoon showers and enjoy the 80 degree nights.

I sure would like to pick up a 109 paint set like I have for the vtx's.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts