M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I left my house in west Houston at 7:25 AM this morning and the weather to the south looked ominous.....thought oh no might get rained out.

Got to Spring at 8 AM and George C and his wife pulled up.....road straight through the rain from Alvin.....what a biker!! We then met BigBen (who was fresh from an accident only minutes earlier), ConnRadd, Chris and Kent. We had breakfast and headed out about 9:30 . We took all backroads , thanks to Chris who knew some great routes , not only keeping us ahead of the storm but keeping us on nice scenic , curvy two lane roadways. We arrived in Centerville and met up with the DFW crew led by Flunky at about 12:20 .

What a great bunch of guys.....everyone had a great ride and was very friendly......we hung out and had lunch . Really enjoyed meeting everyone and talking with all .......definitely need to coordinate more rides in the near future again.

Houston crew headed back with one DFW member in tow , James. We had a really excellent ride back through the national forrest and across the north end of lake Conroe - for a cruiser , the 109 handles VERY well, nuetral enough and very stable. Ended up in a bar for a brew or two waiting for the really dark clouds in Houston to move on. I left the guys on the north west side off 249 and got my first rain drops on the 109, a light sprinkle for about 10 minutes, just enough to cool me off but not enough to soak in....kind of nice really.

Got home at 7 PM to a happy family and a pot roast dinner after about 350 great miles of riding.....felt good to sit and relax . Really enjoyed the day on the bike and cannot wait to hook up with the guys again. THANKS to all involved, it was really alot of fun and I will chalk it up in my pile of "best biking memories".

Hope everyone enjoyed as much as I did and Hope to see you all on the road again soon....... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
572 Posts
And what a beautiful sight that was... all of us cruising through the national forest...

I could so see Suzuki with a camera man following us, filming video for a commercial or something...

6 109's cruising down the road.... was so FUN :)

I look forward to the next ride, this time am making sure I don't schedule two things in the same day :)

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Just wanted to drop my .02

I was the "other" location on the poll...had a wonderful time yesterday in Centervile!!! Loved meeting all the guys and enjoyed the conversations and seeing one of the most beautiful sights in the world..

several, several 109s in the parking lot of the restaraunt!!! (and black being the dominating color, yessss!!) LOL

Loved it and look to do it again...

I am trying to set up a ride in September to go to Llano...I spoke of it with those that I might this weekend...Thanks to Larry for setting this up and I can't wait to meet up again!!!

-Steve

·
Registered
289 Posts
Well put Shriker... :bigthumbsup:

Thanks Chris for leading the pack to Centerville. You could be a weekend tour guide for MC riders.. :doorag:

It was good meeting other M riders, would like to do this again. Maybe hit Austin or something that's more central for everyone... I know other groups like to meet in Temple, offers some nice scenic routes. Just a thought...

Thanks George for the memory card, I will get the pics posted soon and return the card to you ASAP. Mrs. George, you did a great job of taking the road pics.. Some pics came out great, but others were a bit blurry. But, going up on I-45 at 70 mph, that is to be expected. Thanks again for taking the pics.. :D

Hope everyone made home safe....

·
Registered
684 Posts
Glad you guys had a great time. The rain was really bad in Sugar Land that morning, sorry I miss out. I will be in the next ride. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Fatcat109 said:
Glad you guys had a great time. The rain was really bad in Sugar Land that morning, sorry I miss out. I will be in the next ride. :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
be looking for ya!!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry we missed ya Fatcat......03svtsnakevert, really enjoyed meeting you , we will have to ride again, would love to see some pics of your other rides! Here is the Cobra I used to have....
, really loved that ride , had boltons and was a blast, sold it and got a 96 LT4 Vette , great ride too but always working on it.......

·
Registered
195 Posts
well hello all
I made it home

Ben glad you mad it home OK. next time maybe you can do all the rid. it was good seeing you and i got to give you a BIG :bigthumbsup: for riding with us after your misshape .

had a great ride yesterday. It was great meetting with y'all.
My wife said sorry if the photos are blurry. She was a bit nerves taking the photos at speed without a backrest to help hold her on.Guess what might be next for the 109.
and now we no what happen to all the black 109's
cant wait to see the photos of the ride
Shriker get hooked up with your friend in Fayetteville that will be a good ride to do next
can't wait to meet up again!!!

George

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well follow M109Riders I finally made it home also.

I started out with the DFW crew and ended up traveling to HOU with the HOU crew and oh what a great ride we had on the way back to Houston. I spent the night in Houston at my brothers house and made the ride back today. My brother also knowing the National Forest route took me thru there once again today on the way back to DFW. He was on a Valkrie so we did have some speed but it was nothing like when Chris led us through the forest (Thanks again Chris). I just want to say thank you all for making this a weekend a memorable one. I look forward to riding with you all again in the near future.

03svtsnakevert,

I'm glad your crew made it home safely too. I know you probably had to keep waiting up for your people due to the fact that they weren't on "9's" Ha.ha...

P.S. - Chris, I did the mod at my brothers this morning - You should here me roar now!!

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Cruisn said:

I started out with the DFW crew and ended up traveling to HOU with the HOU crew and oh what a great ride we had on the way back to Houston. I spent the night in Houston at my brothers house and made the ride back today. My brother also knowing the National Forest route took me thru there once again today on the way back to DFW. He was on a Valkrie so we did have some speed but it was nothing like when Chris led us through the forest (Thanks again Chris). I just want to say thank you all for making this a weekend a memorable one. I look forward to riding with you all again in the near future.

03svtsnakevert,

I'm glad your crew made it home safely too. I know you probably had to keep waiting up for your people due to the fact that they weren't on "9's" Ha.ha...

P.S. - Chris, I did the mod at my brothers this morning - You should here me roar now!!
Well, I didn't want to make em feel bad... LOL

Told my dad to hook up with a VTX ride and I would go along...love to put a shark in the water with bait...LOL

Great time!!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
03svtsnakevert said:
Well, I didn't want to make em feel bad... LOL

Told my dad to hook up with a VTX ride and I would go along...love to put a shark in the water with bait...LOL

Great time!!!
LOL!!! I love it. :D :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
Cruisn said:

03svtsnakevert,

Good to hear you had a good time and made it home safe... Next time you head to Houston, give us a shout.. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
360 Posts
What can I say that hasn't been said . It was a wonderful time . It was a good time with good people . Am looking forward to another meeting and ride . This is something that we need to do again .

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
flunky said:
What can I say that hasn't been said . It was a wonderful time . It was a good time with good people . Am looking forward to another meeting and ride . This is something that we need to do again .
here here!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Fatcat109 said:
what he said :bigthumbsup:

i have to make the next one!!!..

ok when is the next ride :hot:

kurt

·
Registered
593 Posts
Sorry I missed out but I am with Fatcat, it was raining its arse off when I got up here in Pearland.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
It was good guys, I was a little roasted by the time I got home but still had a big smile. My tail bone was just getting sore that last 100 or so miles. I clocked 370 miles from the time I left home till I got back. Hopefully some of those rodes we took around the piney woods will be smoother next time, huh Flunky? just kidding but that might have been my butt ache.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts