M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Suzuki lists the m109 at 127 horsepower. I just had a dyno done and it only clocked 112 horsepower.... this is with 2 in 1 exhaust , big air intakes and a flashed ecu. What am I missing here ?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
That is because listings from the manufacturers, all manufacturers, are listings at the crank----not at the rear wheel, like a dyno is. Your dyno readings are a somewhat low considering yours are closer to what stock 9's have at the wheel. Also, depending on the dyno and the tuner, those numbers could be high. Every dyno reads differently and can be set to read differently depending on correction factors and smoothing factors. Might post up your results, if you have them, as we can tell you all that from those print outs.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here are the readings. He mentioned I'm running a little lean.

Does this link work better for reading ? --- >>>

Attachments

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I would agree with slightly lean. Was the ECU a full flash with fuel or just a limitations flash? Who did the flash? The dyno runs should have been done on smoothing 5. Would have shown slightly different numbers.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Smoothing 5 ? Yes bering c did the flash.. im happy with it... just thought the numbers would have been a little higher

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
The ECU was tuned by us.
The OP messaged us on FB so figured I would come here to respond.

The ECU tune is an older revision that was built using unified fuel and ignition maps.
It was also done before we purchased our Eddie-Current Dyno, so it was built primarily by road tuning and then the top end was done on a dyno owned by other shop who we used for dyno time back then. There dyno was a very old Inertia dyno, you cannot load an Inertia Dyno like you can a Eddie-Current dyno so that may explain why the mid WOT AFR drifted a bit as seen in the photo above.

As far as the HP goes, I can only shake my head and smile when I hear people say "But the stock M109R pulls 128 HP". :p (It does not)
The few stock M109Rs we have run on our dyno were closer to 105 hp.
As Matt said above you can get very different results from different dyno's.

Another shop advertises that a stock M109R pulls 114 hp on their dyno and a modded and tuned M109R pulls 124 hp on their dyno.
So that would be a 10 hp gain.

We show 105 hp on stock M109R and generally see between 112 hp to 115 hp on our ECU tunes by mail.
So that would be a 7 hp - 10 hp gain.

Sounds a little like potato - potato to me.

Sure there are ways to get more HP out of the M109R but we are not trying to max anything out chasing big HP numbers with out ECU tunes by mail.
Since our tunes are built for the masses using our bike and sold through the mail we keep things a bit on the conservative side and still offer a good running, inexpensive option.

For those only looking for a big top end hp number, you would need to purchase a PC5, X-TRE and take your bike to your local dyno tuner and see if you ride out with bigger top end hp numbers and an overall better running bike after spending $700 - $1000......its a crap shoot in most case.

Most dyno tuners who get you in and out in a couple of hours are usually just downloading a generic map off the dynojet website and brushing up the top end WOT column on the dyno and down the road you go.
If you have a good dyno tuner near you that you can trust to work up the entire map for you then you are lucky, most guys do not.

I am not saying bigger HP numbers are not possible, sure they are, but I have also seen lots of guys spend big money only to come out less than 110 hp top end and complain about how the bike runs in the lower cruise areas of the map.

Have also seen guys post they got 115 - 117 hp using the Cobra Auto Tuner, but the couple of M109R's with Cobra Auto Tuners we ran on our dyno pulled 100 hp.
Those of you on FB probably also seen the post a couple weeks ago where a guy was complaining about his 98 hp results with the Cobra Auto Tuner.
So you can see results can vary from one dyno scenario to another.
If everyone reading this post did a dyno pull on their bike today, I am sure we would see varying results from the same mods.

Anyway, the OP got this tune 17 months ago and this is the first we have heard from him about it, so we can only assume that it has been running fine all this time.
We have already informed the OP that he can update his tune to a newer revision done our Eddie-Current Dyno and that will take care of the drifting AFR seen in the photo above.

Hit me up on FB or at [email protected] if you have any questions.
I don't visit this forum much anymore so will likely not see any responses to this post here for some time.

BCS

·
Registered
4,109 Posts
It also should be noted that each bike and each dyno will have different results. My 06 was bone stock and did 108 rwhp, and I was very happy with it. My buddy's 07 had exhaust intake and a tuner and was able to put out around 123-125. Then I bought my 07, and could tell by the seat of the pants that it was a lot stronger. We went back to that same dyno about 2 years later and my 07 (bone stock) put down 117 rwhp. I thought the dyno was wrong, but then my buddy put his 07 on with the mods, and got the same 123 rwhp, just like 2 years prior. Different bikes, different dynos, different results. Just as long as it runs good and smooth, that's all I care about. But I do wish I had done a couple of mods to my 07, just to see what it would do :drool:

·
Registered
379 Posts
So Suzuki lists the m109 at 127 horsepower. I just had a dyno done and it only clocked 112 horsepower.... this is with 2 in 1 exhaust , big air intakes and a flashed ecu. What am I missing here ?
Loki just what futurR said~!

That is because listings from the manufacturers, all manufacturers, are listings at the crank----not at the rear wheel, like a dyno is. Your dyno readings are a somewhat low considering yours are closer to what stock 9's have at the wheel. Also, depending on the dyno and the tuner, those numbers could be high. Every dyno reads differently and can be set to read differently depending on correction factors and smoothing factors. Might post up your results, if you have them, as we can tell you all that from those print outs.
Have yet to dyno my 109 prob will next summer.... but my 2002 ROUSH Mustang I did years ago and this is exactly what he said...

You have to look at what power your loosing to the make it to the rear wheel most guys claimed 15% loss by the time you reach rear wheel...

FORD CLAIMED STOCK

• 260 @ 5,250 rpm Horsepower = so really only 221
  • 302 @ 4,000 rpm Torque = so really only 256

My car was FAST for naturally aspirated 4.6L...

I had DiabloSport chip with custom flash, 3:73s and off-road X-Pipe with no cats into the Roush Exhaust, cold air induction...

She was putting 242.96 HP & 285.94 LBF-FT AT the REAR WHEEL...
Rectangle Slope Triangle Font Parallel

·
Registered
974 Posts
I've dyno'd my bike (see attached sheet). I pulled 110hp. I have K&N filters and Cobra fi2000r (I'm using the factory set adjustment on pots). Some factors that are not spoken of are fuel and engine temp. I make sure I use 97 grade gas with no ethanol. Here in southern Ontario that is Shell and Esso. Any other brand and grade will have ethanol. With regards to temp, especially with a dyno, is that even with dyno fans the bike will get too hot after a few runs which will result in poorer results. The dyno guy said that I could spend $1000s and get maybe 5-10 hp more ... not worth it.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got 119hp and 117t with intakes and dump pipes...
Dual plane tune from ProCycleDyno here in Australia🇦🇺
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Pattern

Super happy with it...
Deleted all factory limiters..
Gained all power through all gears and runs like a dream...
Not bad figures with dumps... I've heard good things about BCS all the way over here in Australia.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Motorcycle Vehicle

·
Registered
2015 M109 BOSS
78 Posts
Mine is at 123.8bhp and 167.1Nm after the flash and Dyna
Forcewinder intakes
Miller Exhaust slipp-on
Servo and Cat still in place and functioning

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
3 Posts
Why are you guys pissed? Are you just comparing dyno numbers? I have had 6 bikes and have never put one on a dyno.I have a 1986 V-65 Magna that my 300lb ass whittled down to a 12.10. I had a 2003 VTX-1800 that I installed a Kuryakin Pro Charger,and V&H Big Shots on because I could simply download a Power Commander map and be good to go. No dyno's around here.But from my neighbors mailbox to the left turn sign down the road it was really close. Seat of my pants,my stock M109 is REALLY close to my V-65.
Apples to Apples...if you arent quick on the lights,150 hp will kick the living hell out of 200hp every day of the week

·
Registered
379 Posts
Why are you guys pissed?
NYS is no long allowing any bike with aftermarket exhaust i was able slip mine in on 31 MARCH but its not looking good for next year! I spent like $500 on pipe plus my Tuner box and if forced to go back there needs to be a bike rally in Albany or YARD CON FOR KATHY HOUSE!

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,524 Posts
NYS is no long allowing any bike with aftermarket exhaust i was able slip mine in on 31 MARCH but its not looking good for next year! I spent like $500 on pipe plus my Tuner box and if forced to go back there needs to be a bike rally in Albany or YARD CON FOR KATHY HOUSE!
Stitch, is it something they only check at inspection, or will they ticket you for just having aftermarket pipes on? I know a lot of guys in Europe swap back to their stock pipes just for inspection. I don't see all those HD guys going back to stock pipes all year.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Stitch, is it something they only check at inspection, or will they ticket you for just having aftermarket pipes on? I know a lot of guys in Europe swap back to their stock pipes just for inspection. I don't see all those HD guys going back to stock pipes all year.
Well swapping pipes on 109 would seem like huge pain in ass for most of us... Its part the insp and they can ticket you im sure they tack it on with speeding or whatever they want nail you for or if its too loud, then they can go after the shops that did insp too, after 3 hits they loose their insp cert for the State!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts