M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, remind me why I am taking off the GAS TANK & the radiator to add a horn... ? I can't find any details in the owners OR service manual of replacing or adding a horn at ALL! HELP!! I know its probably just where the old horn is located, but what exactly happens when I take the tank off? Does the gas leak everywhere? Should I put the tank upside down or plug it up?? And the radiator.. ? Its my first time dealing with tank-removal, if u can't tell!!

G

·
Wanted was the genius who came up with this setup and I have done it as well. If you choose to go this route and need any help, feel free to PM me with any questions you may have. One thing we both found when doing this mod was that although the compressor does fit in the opening on the right side of the bike, it is tight. The electrical connectors connect to the underside of the compressor and since there is alot of heat being thrown off the rear cylinder you need to wrap the compressor wiring to protect it. I bought a roll of header wrap and just wrapped the compressor bottom in this stuff and put a metal cable stay or you could use a radiator clamp as well. I have about 8 feet left if you need some. No charge, just send me your address. The horn is awesome. Very loud, compact and well built. The kit that I bought off of e-bay comes with everything you should need except a mounting bracket which you can make very easily. I used a chrome toilet part I had laying around. I just checked the website and they have one left. Here is the link if you need it:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Steb...ryZ34284QQihZ014QQitemZ330006648522QQtcZphoto

·
Registered
126 Posts
Alright this is going to be my first mod and I have never worked on a bike before. Just received the Stebel Nautilus horn today and I am looking forward to having a horn which is fitting for the M109.

The horn that was installed made the M109 simular to Mike Tyson. At first look, big and strong, but when he opens his mouth to talk and it sounds like sqeaks. Just does not fit.

G

·
mooremj,
If you take your time you will do just fine. If you have any problems PM me and I would be happy to help you out. I am so happy with the horn I am putting one on my Ford Explorer this weekend.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
had some friends over in the garage (while i had the bike stripped down) to watch me work, cuz thats what men do, rite? one works & the others sit around and talk about it, lol. so then my mom walks by and say, "What did you do to that bike!? you paid all that money for it and now its in pieces!!" And all my friends started laughing at me, so thats when i said, THATS IT and i sat the horn on top of where the seat would be, hooked up the the white wires that i had done already and the power that i hooked up to the battery earlier, i took a piece of wire that i had floatin around in the garage, rigged it to the battery ground, then stucked the key in the beast... i sat there with my head turned away from it and turned the key... nothing happened, so i figured i hooked it up right or i didnt get it at all, cuz it says if you cross the wires, the horn might go off continuously... so then i went to push the horn button while non of my friends were paying attention, just a tap, cuz i heard stories and i was scared of this so-called monster of a horn. well i had the horn sitting vertically on its compressor and it darn near did a 180 from the small beep that i gave it, not to mention my friends nearly jumpin out of there seats!! so after i scared the tar out of them, & they got their composure back, i asked them if they wanted to hear it again and every single one of them said no cuz the first time was loud enough... So i blew it again :evil: !! (This time a lil' longer!)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts