M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased this turn signal on Ebay and it only has 1 wire:dontknow:
What's the best way to plug this into the existing wiring for the rear turn signal????

Thanks in advance :joke:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
The one wire is the power wire. You'll have to put a "Hoop" end on the ground wire and slide it over the mount stud to complete the circuit.

-Josh

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The one wire is the power wire. You'll have to put a "Hoop" end on the ground wire and slide it over the mount stud to complete the circuit.

-Josh
Sorry, forgot to mention I'm a complete mechanical and electrical moron!!!!
In other words, ground the wire to the frame???

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
There's a positive and a ground wire coming from the turn signal wiring. The ground is the black wire with a white stripe on it. Put the eye loop connector on that wire and mount it over the stud at the base of the turn signal. That'll make your ground connection. Whatever your hot wire is for the corresponding turn signal, hook that up to the single wire coming from the turn signal.

-Josh

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's a positive and a ground wire coming from the turn signal wiring. The ground is the black wire with a white stripe on it. Put the eye loop connector on that wire and mount it over the stud at the base of the turn signal. That'll make your ground connection. Whatever your hot wire is for the corresponding turn signal, hook that up to the single wire coming from the turn signal.

-Josh
Super, that's pretty much what I thought you meant!!!

Thanks a lot for the help Josh :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
man it looks like those might hit your tire when the suspension compresses.
I was actually affraid of that myself, but got my girlfriend and someone heavier than me on the bike and seem to have at least an inch of free space!!! Hopefully I don't bottom out though!!!!

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Make sure when you put the screw back in that holds the turn signal on you get it good and tight. One of the screws that holds mine in came out yesterday and left my turn signal hanging from the wires until I got home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts