M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys...said goodbye to 2 ol' girls today

not that I have not had fun with them and have greatly enjoyed their company, but nonetheless we parted ways today...

I will miss them...her quirky throttle response at low idle and the little lean pop I get at idle when playing with the throttle...

the others supercharger whine and tire bustin' horsepower...

however, I did not walk away empty handed...

took home an 06 Harley Davidson Screamin' Eagle VRod

I hope you guys don't turn your back on me...it was a financial move and had to do it to better the household...still love to be here!!!!!

ride is still on for Oct 7th, too

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Man, your other bike must have been REALLY expensive if buying a Screaming Eagle V-Rod was a good financial decision. Stick around.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gval said:
We wont turn our backs on ya,you have enough problems already with owning a V rod in place of a 109.
well, as I was impressed with the 109R...I am equally impressed with the Screamin' Eagle VRod

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Medic1210 said:
Man, your other bike must have been REALLY expensive if buying a Screaming Eagle V-Rod was a good financial decision. Stick around.
well I traded my 109 and my 03 Cobra...eliminated 40k worth of debt...

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Hehe.. Don't care what ya ride bro, so long as you're not going to turn into on of those "trademarked-out" HD riders.. you know the ones I mean.. Every HD leather accessory money can buy, look at you like you're not worthy of being in their presence 'cause you don't ride a HD.. Then again, if you got a V-Rod they will likely do that to you since its really a Porche with an HD badge on it.. :bigthumbsup: :joke:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DaltonH said:
Hehe.. Don't care what ya ride bro, so long as you're not going to turn into on of those "trademarked-out" HD riders.. you know the ones I mean.. Every HD leather accessory money can buy, look at you like you're not worthy of being in their presence 'cause you don't ride a HD.. Then again, if you got a V-Rod they will likely do that to you since its really a Porche with an HD badge on it.. :bigthumbsup: :joke:
thanks bro...this is where my loyalty lies...I already told my wife that I do not want to her to buy all the Harley attire for me...LOL

glad you guys are still here for me...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Hey bud, everything is good! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
03svtsnakevert said:
well I traded my 109 and my 03 Cobra...eliminated 40k worth of debt...
Cool, but I'm still a bit curious as to how selling a $12K bike and buying a $28K bike makes financial sense. There had to be a reason you preferred the V-Rod over the 109 other than money. Am I right?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Medic1210 said:
Cool, but I'm still a bit curious as to how selling a $12K bike and buying a $28K bike makes financial sense. There had to be a reason you preferred the V-Rod over the 109 other than money. Am I right?
no, I had negative equity in the 03 Cobra and a big payment (45k price tag) and had to trade the 109 (had positive equity in her) to offset the negative equity and both debts...need a bike with comparable performance and high dollar enough to absorb the bad equity

make sense

·
Registered
666 Posts
SVT

how do you like the v-rods ride compare to the 109 ??

and how is the power compare the the 109 ??

please be honest..... its cool

thanks

·
Registered
292 Posts
its all good man......what do you think we are?....the taliban.....Harley owners :joke: :joke:
you own a v-rod....really wanted one at one point...if I won the lotto I would have bought one with out thinking of anything else....glad I'm still poor :p
your welcome here anytime as far as im concerned......we need to know how many times you get spanked by someone riden an M109R. :bigthumbsup: :joke:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
texas109 said:
SVT

how do you like the v-rods ride compare to the 109 ??

and how is the power compare the the 109 ??

please be honest..... its cool

thanks
Well, I have to be honest...the screamin' eagle is a bit faster than the 109...a little higher reving too..9k rpm redline...I got to say for a Harley it is extremely smooth...no clunking when shifting...heck I even shifter without the clutch and the bike didn't buck or anything...again though, kudos to suzuki...it is being spoken about in the same sentence as a 26k dollar performance bike!!

109's forever

I will miss the gas mileage though...I was getting 54-56mpg out of the ol girl

·
Registered
189 Posts
Did you say you were getting 54 to 56 miles per gallon with the 109? I am lucky to get 25 per gallon are ya sure it was running on both cyd.No wonder the rod is a little quicker.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
leave the guy be with all the personal questions it's none of you biz just wish the guy well with his new ride.(curious or just plain nosy?) Good luck on the new Vrod bro...That is definitely a sweet ride.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
gval said:
Did you say you were getting 54 to 56 miles per gallon with the 109? I am lucky to get 25 per gallon are ya sure it was running on both cyd.No wonder the rod is a little quicker.
I know what you mean...I had ridden bike to Dallas(186 miles) and used a little over 3.5 gallons...awesome gas mileage

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lostrider said:
leave the guy be with all the personal questions it's none of you biz just wish the guy well with his new ride.(curious or just plain nosy?) Good luck on the new Vrod bro...That is definitely a sweet ride.
thanks man, it has some big shoes to fill with me from the 109

·
Registered
665 Posts
The best I ever got was 41mpg.enjoy the new ride :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts