M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is an M109 forum, but I have a chance to buy a Honda Rune and wondered if anyone had an opinion about them. I plan on keeping my M109. Thanks.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
Go for it :bigthumbsup:... I love that bike and always wanted one myself..
:agree: I think they are a GREAT looking bike also. About 2 years ago I could have picked one up (from the create) for 15k. I did not plant the money tree in time to pick it. It is still just bearing pennies. :joke:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Those are wicked bikes and it rides great, imho. There are 2 of them on display at the local Honda dealership and both are mint.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
go for it. the rune looks awesome with a fat fender kit and an extra wide FAT tire in back. a dealer here in the city has one for 1/2 of the original retail price. it looks great and if i had some extra room in the stable, i would pull the trigger on it. maybe i will someday after i have my house built.
post pics if you get it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,852 Posts
IMHO, it's one of the few stock bikes out there that gets as much attention as a 109. Very few people know what it is when they see one. I think they are neat looking in a kind of ugly way. :D

·
Registered
215 Posts
I have heard they are sweet. Let us know what you decide.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
that would be a nice 2st bike :bigthumbsup:
I've looked at the Rune many times. Don't over pay for it. Many dealers across the US have one or two still in their show room from '94. You could probably get a new one for around $16,000 if your willing to go somewhere to get it. :doorag: They were asking $18,000 two years ago for a brand new one.

A barely used on at this point might be better though.:dontknow:

Go for it:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
550 Posts
I hardly ever see one and almost bought one before the nine. One note,they made a very limited amount of them and if you need any body parts good luck, just make it a custom. The motor and running gear are dependable and proven to handle lots of miles.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
I'm sure the running gear is topnotch, it's a Honda. Looks like it weighs a thousand pounds though. And no passenger ammenities?

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I just can't for the life of me ever get interested or fired up about any inline looking motors. I guess I'm just a die hard V-Twin type of guy. :dontknow:

It is sleek & muscular looking. I do like both fenders as well. Just can't stand the look of motor.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
:agree: I think they are a GREAT looking bike also. About 2 years ago I could have picked one up (from the create) for 15k. I did not plant the money tree in time to pick it. It is still just bearing pennies. :joke:
So glad to hear, I'M not the only ONE:eek: SO I'M NOT ALONE:hot:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts