M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my M109 now for about six weeks and really enjoy it. The paint guy at my dealership said his father has a 11 year old HD that has never been washed. He said people tell him all the time how good his new paint job looks on such an old classic. The thing is, that's the original paint job. Chris told me his father has always used the "HONDA POLISH SPRAY AND CLEANER". He uses it on everything on the bike except the tires. With this recommendation, I picked up two cans of it last week and cleaned my bike last night with it for the first time. Man, you wouldn't believe the shine. They guys at work said this morning it looks wet.Â

Here's my question. When I was reading the label on the can, it states "Is safe for chrome, plastic and unpainted surfaces." Does this mean you should not use this product on painted surfaces??? Can someone help me understand that statement because it works great and it seems by the other threats I've read on here, a lot of M109er's use it.Â

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I've used the Honda Pro spray polish and love it. It's the best thing I've ever used! Unfortunately they have discontinued the polish in Pa. Del. and NY. There was a EPA issue. I have two cans on hand and use it sparingly. When I tried to buy more at a local Honda dealer I was informed that the old formula was no longer available. The dealer said Honda would have a replacement polish in the future. The polish is good on painted, chrome and plastic wind shield surfaces and I even use in on my helmet face shield. If you can get your hands on it I would reccomend you buy a case. You won't regret it!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Used it for yrs can't get it any more in philly ,pa . Can you send me a few cans ? :D

G

·
I use it all the time and have never had a problem on two bikes. And when you get that godizilla size bug on your face shield, spary that on it and it will wipe right off.

TAZ

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They have it down the street at the Honda dealership by the truckload. There are many states that's listed on the label that it's banned. It runs about $5.50 a can after tax. I can get as much as you need. Just email me your name and address and how many can you want. I can either send you a paypal request for money or you can mail me out a check. Obvioulsy shipping depends on how many cans you want. Be happy to help my fellow M109 riders out.

Thanks.

Lee Downey
355 Rabbit Farm Road
Advance, NC 27006
336-671-2665 Cellular

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've used it for many, many years also. I love it! I have a '93 1400 Intruder (stock Wineberry paint) that is absolutely brand new looking! I have NEVER washed it. I use a California Dash Duster to keep the dust off of it and the Honda Spray Cleaner/ polish to keep it clean. Every couple of months I'll throw on a good coat of Meguiers wax. You can't go wrong with it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hell here in denver they leagalized pot :bigthumbsup:and lock up cold relief meds god bless america LOL. we can still get the polish here just picked up a can and works great.

·
Registered
443 Posts
California did the same thing! It has something to do with the EPA. Maybe the propelant or some chemical? :confused:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have used Honda Polish for years and love it. I think it's the best stuff I have seen. I use it on everything and others have also mentioned. Paint, chrome, helmets, leather, everything. It Rocks!

·
Registered
181 Posts
bob109 said:
I've used the Honda Pro spray polish and love it. It's the best thing I've ever used! Unfortunately they have discontinued the polish in Pa. Del. and NY. There was a EPA issue. I have two cans on hand and use it sparingly. When I tried to buy more at a local Honda dealer I was informed that the old formula was no longer available. The dealer said Honda would have a replacement polish in the future. The polish is good on painted, chrome and plastic wind shield surfaces and I even use in on my helmet face shield. If you can get your hands on it I would reccomend you buy a case. You won't regret it!
I also love the Honda polish. Just a caution about the new formula (I haven't used it yet as I have plenty of old formula left). Some members on a sportbike website I belong to have indicated that the new formula has damaged some plastics. I don't know how legitimate this statement is, but I'm considering switching to something different?

·
Registered
205 Posts
The Honda Polish is great stuff. I also use Plexus on everything from painted and chrome (real and fake) to the visor on my helmets with out issue.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How can you tell if the Honda polish is the new or the old formula?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Guys. I went out at lunch today and bought an entire case of the Honda Polish. Email me if you want a can or two. Thanks.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I love the stuff. I do use it regluar, but I also do wax the bike every few months, just for good measures.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I like the Honda spray but I use Plexus now as it comes in a larger can for about the same price at my dealer. The Plexus works great and won't scratch plastic or damage paint and leaves a wax coat to protect as well...you can use it on windshields and faceshields with out it causing the plastic to "yellow" over time also. My wife wants to buy stock in the Plexus company as she says I single handedly keep them in business. I only wash and wax my bikes maybe three times a year as the rest of the time I just use Plexus to wipe them down and they look great. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
363 Posts
They always have a case of Honda Polish sitting out at the dealership where I bought my gal's Aero. I use it on both bikes and it works great. I use a carnauba wax on my tank and fenders followed by Harley Gloss. I clean the seats and grips with Murphy's oil soap, then rub on ArmorAll Leather Care Gel. I use plain old Turtle Wax Chrome Polish on the chromed metal bits. The Honda polish doesn't seem to do anything bad to her bike's plastic chrome, just makes it shine like new.

Good stuff :bigthumbsup:

LG

1 - 19 of 19 Posts