M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to the hardware store and saw some 2 inch plastic pipe with a right angle bend in them. My question is would they melt if I used them for intake tubes to put the cone shape filters on the end? Still have to mod the intake box to put them on. They cost $11 Au.

Plus this is my 100th post!!! that's a first for me.

Guv

·
Registered
838 Posts
The factory aircleaners are plastic. Haven't read or heard anything about those melting. Chances are that your mod will favore in the same manner :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Can you post some pictures of what they are? And as far as painting make sure you prep them correctly< before you prime clean very well with some alcohol and then for final cleaning before spraying try to wipe without scrubbing in one direction using the rag surface once per wipe then use another section of rag as you rotate the part being wiped (this helps clean any residual release agents or oils that leach from the pvc, then use some plastic adhesion promotor. I have found painting PVC piping to be a major PITA It always looks good but likes to peel away very easily, but being a sprayer yourself im sure you know this. Good luck :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you post some pictures of what they are? And as far as painting make sure you prep them correctly< before you prime clean very well with some alcohol and then for final cleaning before spraying try to wipe without scrubbing in one direction using the rag surface once per wipe then use another section of rag as you rotate the part being wiped (this helps clean any residual release agents or oils that leach from the pvc, then use some plastic adhesion promotor. I have found painting PVC piping to be a major PITA It always looks good but likes to peel away very easily, but being a sprayer yourself im sure you know this. Good luck :bigthumbsup:
dont forget the plastic primer. post pics when your done.might have started something
Got a few tricks I'll use, Thanks!

G

·
The factory aircleaners are plastic. Haven't read or heard anything about those melting. Chances are that your mod will favore in the same manner :bigthumbsup:
would depend on if the plastic he is getting is thermoset or thermoplastic (I think I got the terms correct LOL).....one type is a solid and when heat is added converts back to a liquid (melting) the other is a solid which just stays the same or gets harder with heat...(think you can't "unfry" an egg)

been a while since shop class but that's the gist of it :a18:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts