M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Yes sir. In a region called Connemara. A nice little campsite at a place called renvyle, a stones throw from where they made that old movie "the quiet man" starring John Wayne. It's a nice spot.
Ireland, home of my "ancestors" ..... maybe someday ..... ;)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Man that is so cool.I love camping.I hope you have something under that kick stand?:2cool:

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
home 4 night

Gorgeous country,hope u packed your rain-suit :joke:Have not been yet, but on my list...tip a pint of Guinness..Cheers ..!!....When is best time to visit,weather wise ?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Gorgeous country,hope u packed your rain-suit :joke:Have not been yet, but on my list...tip a pint of Guinness..Cheers ..!!....When is best time to visit,weather wise ?
The weather has not cooperated with our plans recently but were making the best with what we've got. We had light drizzle all day today and it's very overcast. Still, we managed to get down to the beach when the rain did let up.
A good book, a camping chair and a can of cider makes it all ok. :D

It's hard to predict the weather here but some of the best rides I've taken have been in may & June but you can expect to get some rain or pretty much all year long. Weather sucks here.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
The weather has not cooperated with our plans recently but were making the best with what we've got. We had light drizzle all day today and it's very overcast. Still, we managed to get down to the beach when the rain did let up.
A good book, a camping chair and a can of cider makes it all ok. :D

It's hard to predict the weather here but some of the best rides I've taken have been in may & June but you can expect to get some rain or pretty much all year long. Weather sucks here.
I visited Ireland in June, 2000 and it pretty much rained on a daily basis. The first three days it rained steady and it was chilly. Then it warmed a bit and got very comfortable. I think it rained about every morning for a spell and then quit. I did notice that no one stopped what they were doing because of the rain and I did not see many umbrella's in use. I would love to come back and ride the 9 around, it is beautiful in Ireland, no matter where you are. And for the record, I loved the weather. lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.