M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I opened my garage door this morning and there she was laying on her side. I had that deep gut pain that leaves you so confused you don't know what to do. If I was dog I'd been chasing my own tail or biting my own leg. I don't what happened, I set it on the kickstand that night closed up and went inside. I was so afraid to pick it up and see the damage, when i finally picked it up with my sone help of course all I had was a small scratch on the mirror. apparently it hit an old fish tank stand on the way down. I'm sleeping in the garage tonight:joke::joke:

·
Registered
339 Posts
You got sooooo lucky!

BTW dont forget your nite light....:joke:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
my stomach is turning just reading this. even when i dont ride, i go through the garage just to check. all of my treasures are in the garage. my 9, my wifes ninja, our 52 GMC truck and all of my long guns. (the pistols get to stay in the house). the garage is OUR CASTLE. :bigthumbsup:
glad there was minimal damage!!!!!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm sleeping on the floor I got the matresses around the 9...BTW I had just put on my new duck covers

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Did you just lower your bike.You are so lucky.My son lowered his and the same day when he got it home it fell over 2'500 dollars of damage.This seems to happen a lot to lowered 9s

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I'm assuming you didn't fully extend the kickstand down all the way forward. Sometimes you might have the kickstand down but you have to make sure it goes forward that extra 1" or 2" forward to almost lock into place.

Weird-Wild-Stuff.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I haven't lowered it, I guess I better start double checking the kickstand to make sure it is fully locked in place.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I haven't lowered it, I guess I better start double checking the kickstand to make sure it is fully locked in place.
I'm just guessing that might have been the issue. Then when you went into the house the bikes weight slowy worked against the kickstand until it folded back up on you and thus your bike was layed over.

Unless your married and your wife is trying to send you a message or something I'm not really sure what else it could be. :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Well let's think about what could have caused this:

1. Kids
  2. Animals
  3. Wife or girlfriend
  4. Alcohol
  5. Garage Gremlins
  6. Jealous neighbor who paid too much for a Harley
  7. Other

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Well let's think about what could have caused this:

1. Kids
  2. Animals
  3. Wife or girlfriend
  4. Alcohol
  5. Garage Gremlins
  6. Jealous neighbor who paid too much for a Harley
  7. Other
THIS GUY MAYBE ON TO SOMETHING! #1 and #6 is where i'd be.
But honest that ain't COOL, my gut sank reading your tread! I all-ways when I put my kickstand down, PULL the bike back! Making dam sure, it's hooked up right:eek: YOU were lucky!

·
Registered
19 Posts
How many of us had to run to the garage to make sure their 9 was still upright after reading this? I know I am not the only one...

Glad to hear there was not too much damage to the bike.

·
Radio Active Member
27,666 Posts
Glad to hear that the 9 came away with minimal damage. Someone was surely looking over your 9 seeing that little damage.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I'm sleeping on the floor I got the matresses around the 9...BTW I had just put on my new duck covers
I love those covers:bigthumbsup: You needed new mirrors anyway:joke:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
If you let the air out of either of the tires they will barely stand up, might check that. But it should be obvious when you tried to stand it up again.

Glad it had little damage to it, you were lucky.

·
Registered
766 Posts
H-D guy done it....
:agree:check around your neighborhood... You'll surely find him.
Thank god nothing happened. Do you have engine guards? I lay down mine and cannot thank enough all the guys that suggested it and help me install them. Nothing happened at all...

·
Registered
791 Posts
The other day I went to the garage and noticed the kickstand was 2" in the air ??? bout had a heart attack. Grabbed it quick but the bike wasn't going anywhere! lol
...noticed the back tire was flat and the bike was resting on the rear rim. --I had the bars turned to the right to make more room to walk around it. Had the bars been to the left, it wouldn't have moved.

note to self: turn bars to the left when parking.
:joke:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts