M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas (ladies too), I just got done installing the PCIII by Dynojet. I have K&N's, Dragsters and the JSD. I downloaded and installed the map from this site, I think from JR. Anywho, took it out for a test ride and wow. If you are thinking of getting a PCIII over a Fi2000, there is no contest as I have had the Cobra and now have the PCIII. One good indicator of new power was the 30 ft black strip in front of my house that I laid down from a dead stop. I finally backed out of the throttle to let her get traction. Just wanted to pas it along for those of you debating which FI computer to get. Be safe.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Pizzmor,

I don't want to kill your joy, but what's new about laying down rubber with the 109? I have the FI 2000R, K&N RAM air, JSD-3M and stock pipes and can do that (the bike is capable of that totally stock). In fact I've pulled the front end at a standing start and also shifting into second while breaking the rear tire. I know there are some advantages to the PCIII greater tunability but members on the site have had good success with the same mods that I have. It depends on what you trying to gain. We need to represent fairly!!!

C-One

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Cormierone said:
Pizzmor,

I don't want to kill your joy, but what's new about laying down rubber with the 109? I have the FI 2000R, K&N RAM air, JSD-3M and stock pipes and can do that (the bike is capable of that totally stock). In fact I've pulled the front end at a standing start and also shifting into second while breaking the rear tire. I know there are some advantages to the PCIII greater tunability but members on the site have had good success with the same mods that I have. It depends on what you trying to gain. We need to represent fairly!!!

C-One
I guess that would depend on how much weight the rider(s) is (are) transfering into traction on the back tire.. 8)

Not sure it will leave a 30 foot black mark with an overly large rider on it.. stock that is. I've actually never broke the back tire loose on mine.. mostly cause I figure any traction I lose to spinning is taking away from my acceleration.. and I do LUUUUUUVVVVV the acceleration :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cormierone

Wow, I would hate to see what you would write if you WERE trying to kill my joy. The PCIII is far superior to the Fi2000, I had one and the PCIII is better, hands down. I have also spun the tire from a dead stop as well stock, but with the PCIII it was far more brutal and pulled much harder. Is that clearer or more fairly put? But, you know what they say, opinions are like a$$holes, we all have them and most of them stink.

·
Registered
702 Posts
DaltonH said:

Not sure it will leave a 30 foot black mark with an overly large rider on it.. stock that is. ....
That's true. With 275 or so lbs of rider on mine the tire won't spin unless I drop the clutch with some decent rpm, even shifting 1 to 2. I have to pull back on the bars pretty hard to get the front end to lift much, but I tend to lean forward when tring to go fast. I also Looooove the acceleration.

On another note, boys, please play nice. ::)

I can't wait to get my Trak Pak, Big air and.... PCIII :joke: :super:

·
Registered
532 Posts
I think it really depends on the bike, and the climate that you're in. From what I understand, the only real difference between the two is that with the PCIII you can remove fuel if you need to, and with the FI2000 you can only add fuel.
That being said; I have the FI2000, stock pipes, JSD 3M, and the Edelbrock intakes; and according to the look of the plugs I could still add fuel and be alright. I haven't run mine on a dyno or done a A/F analysis, but the butt dyno says that it's pulling pretty strong, so I'm satisfied with the FI2000. However, depending on the conditions, your bike may be doing better with the PCIII. If that's the case then you did good.

As for laying rubber and pulling the front wheel, I did those things when the bike was stock also. I weigh 175 lbs. I can tell you now though that with the Edelbrock intakes and my FI2000 set to where it feels best. I can twist the throttle at about 15-20 mph in first gear and lay a 20 ft strip without any clutch.

·
Registered
666 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
now all ya have to do is get rolling at about 35 to 40 and rap it up and see if you can rip loose of second......JR and I can, but we don't have the cobra just the power commander.......and the track pack :joke: :bigthumbsup: :super: :super: :super:
say bro do you have any 1/4 mile #s ????????? yet

·
Registered
666 Posts
J R said:
OK ok ok .the bike will run 14 flat in the 1/4.I think it might have more in it but im not forsure. ::)

Now on a side note watch all the idiots wanna argue no matter what numbers I/we put down.Sorry bud aint worth the hassle on this board with all the new idiots here.Id rather along with most others I know well here just sit back and watch the others tell all with there expert knowledge ::) Aint ya noticed the information hotline and dyno sheets vids and how to,s and all that has come to a screeching hault? Theres a reason...
come on J R who give's a $hit what others think.. you been in the racing thing and so have i
we both know how it works ;) it's always going to be that way. it's always good to share info on new platforms
if you want send it to me in a PM

·
Registered
476 Posts
Pizzmore, glad to see you are happy with your set-up, don't let the bull $hit from some of the online a$$holes get to you, there seem to be a few in this forum that just wait to rain on everones parade. The best thing to do is ignore most of the threads that are trash. Pay attention to those like JR, ppridgeen,Lamonster,Hall and a few others that are in the business and in the know. It is pretty easy to figure out who knows what they are talking about and who just thinks they know what they are talking about.
The PClll works great, enjoy laying those strips of rubber... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
532 Posts
I understand your sentiment. Some people just love to argue no matter what their knowledge of the subject is. And the best thing to do with those people is to just walk away. Because it can get really irritating when they're questioning your knowledge while at the same time showing their lack of it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
now all ya have to do is get rolling at about 35 to 40 and rap it up and see if you can rip loose of second......JR and I can, but we don't have the cobra just the power commander.......and the track pack :joke: :bigthumbsup: :super: :super: :super:
Yeah but you two are maniacs. lol. :joke:

·
Registered
961 Posts
It's one minute into the 14 round, Pizzmor throws a jab Cormierone blocks!! Pizzmor comes with a left hook catches Cormierone, then a left hook to the body!!! Cormierone goes down to one knee; the referee counts Cormierone stands shakes it off, they touch gloves and the bell rings.

Pizzmor I didn't mean to offend you in anyway, it's not my style. I apologize for my response to your post. I'm really glad and excited for your install of the PCIII, I agree it's a better deal FM device than the FI2000 and I was merely trying to state that the 109 is an awesome bike stand alone and the mods we make whether pipes, air, FM is part of our individuality but the bike speaks for itself. Bad to the Bone, Keep the rubber down. Later Man

C-One

P.S. I enjoy viewing this site and I want to keep piece. Ride On!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts