M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've lived in this area my whole life and never rode out to Holy Hill. This is a beatiful ride here in Wisconsin and this time of year the bikes hit this area hard!! Lots of nice rolling roads...BIG inclines and BIG dips!! FUN ROADS GUYS!! This area was formed by glaciers so you can imagine the "hills" that are in this area!! The area is loaded with trees and they were just starting to change colors. I never saw so many churches in such a small area in my life. They were everywhere...seriously!! But we wanted to see the "mother" of the area churches. The one on top of Holy Hill!! I'm not sure how old this chuch was...but it's been on top of that hill a long time guys!! One of the steeples has stairs up to the top, where there is a breath taking view of the area!! I don't like heights much...felt like my legs where made of rubber climbing the 178 stairs to the top!! The stairs where narrow and the railing was very short. You could easily slip and fall out any of the large windows on the way up!! But....the knot feeling in my stomach was worth it! It was truely the most beautiful view I've ever seen here....next to the Mississippi bluff view. Here are some pics....enjoy!!

A distant picture of Holy Hill.

Closer picture. The steeple on the right is the one we went up.

Huge church!!

Huge stained glass window.

On our way up!!

One of the huge open windows on the way up!!

The twin steeple about 50 feet away.

This is the 3rd, smaller steeple. At this point we where half way up.

The view up top!!

There's the parking lot....see the 109 in the pic??

If you every get to SE Wisconsin...you MUST take the ride out to Holy Hill!! You won't regret it!!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I used to truck a lot in WI and do love that part of the country ............... someday I would like to be able to bike through it too :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Awesome pics! ..I may take a ride up there this weekend... :bigthumbsup:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool pics. You both look winded climbing those stairs, lol. LOL at the satellite dishes....even churches need NFL Sunday ticket I guess....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BIGD... said:
We were planning a ride for next summer up to Oshkosh, anywhere near there?
YES!! Very close!! Richfield is a 35 min drive northwest of milwaukee. I can give you directions and exit numbers if you want them....let me know!! Or better yet...let me know when you come up and I will ride out there with you and give you a tour of the area!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts