M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my HID headlight in today. I got the hi/low kit with the 8000k light. My eyes have flash burns on them from looking directly into the light. I'm anxious to try it out tomorrow morning on the way to work. It took like an hour to install. I had to relocate the battery power fuse so it would be next to the battery instead of under the tank. Low beam pic on left, high beam on right.

-Josh

·
Registered
539 Posts
Wait until you use it at night. You can see people sitting at their picnic table behind their house. The road signs glo like they are on fire.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have BMW Projector beam headlights with HIDs in my old Buick. I love how the signs and lines really show up. I'm just excited to light up the night on the 9!!

-Josh

·
Registered
172 Posts
What kit did you go with? I installed mine as well today that I bought from A&R motorsports. It was an easy fast install but I thought it would be brighter. Just a little disappointed.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
143 Posts
They do rock for sure. All my vehicles have them. DDM Tuning. $38 shipped for car kits. The bike kit was like $48 shipped if I remember right.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
It does Rock, I have been running my HID for about 3 years now and love the light. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Just installed mine a couple of weeks ago. I went with the 4300. White White. Might night vision sucks. But not any more. I Love It!!! And on the Brightest Sunniest day it will still luminate street signs when you hit the high Beam!!

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
I had the 8000K unit that DLP sold and now have one of the ddm tuning kits in 5000K. I like the 5000K much better, especially at night. It's kind of freaky seeing all the road signs glowing in a bright bluish tint with the 8000K lights.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I just ordered the 55w kit in 5000k from DDM......can't wait to get it!!!

:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
185 Posts
Very nice indeed, gottattooz! You're making want to order these now, thanks! Anyone know what the legal color limit is for the HIDs? 5000K to 8000K looks pretty common, but has anyone gone with the 10 or 12,000K?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well I can tell you that 6k is the most common. 4300 is simulated daylight. 6k has a slight blue tint to it, 8k more blue 10k, very blue and 12k purple rain bishes lol

But as you go up in temperature color, the color shows more and the light output goes down. The blue and purple high #'s look cool but really the functionality / performance is WAY down from a 4300-6000 bulb. Personally I like the slight blue tint so all of my vehicles are 6k.

OH and I went with the 35w on all of mine but one..used the 55w...no noticeable difference in light output. Save your wiring and casing...use the 35w kit, less heat and virtually same output. But just my opinion of course. I have 4 kits on cars/bike now and no one can tell you the difference.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
whats the difference between the 35w & 55w ?

pros and cons ???

1 - 20 of 30 Posts